Jerry Reed question

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Jerry Reed question

Postby jimmy willis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Hello,

I know this sounds crazy but does anyone have any Jerry Reed concert videos from the 70's where he is playing on a Telecaster. I'm looking for stuff of Jerry playing live on a Tele with a thumb pick prior to his straight pick days of the early 80's. I'll be happy to pay good money for a copy.

Thanks,
Jimmy
jimmy willis

Re: Jerry Reed question

Postby Vidar Lund » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:50 am

Here´s a 1976 clip from YouTube with Jerry and Chet playing Tele- and Stratocasters. This goes to prove that Chet is Chet whatever he played.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLqyNV1SMWE
Vidar Lund

Postby PhilHunt » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 pm

I've been meaning to re-upload that video in high quality. That was the first video I uploaded on youtube and the program I used was junk.
PhilHunt

Postby GlenHines » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:03 pm

I love that video. They're playing the same type guitar, but Chet gets his own sound, and Jerry gets his. Hearing the two of them together is great!
Glen Hines
GlenHines

Postby jimmy willis » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Thanks for this post! I've worn this out watching it over and over again. I would love to find a concert video of Jerry from this era where Jer plays all of his hits like Amos and when your hot your hot on a Tele. Would love to see a live version of Alabama Jubilee liked he recorded on a tele. As much as I loved his gut string playing, Jerry's tele playing was also awesome. He was a fantastic Chicken picker. I watched an episode of Nashville Now one time. Ralph Emery offered to pay for the recording if Jerry, James Burton and Albert lee would do a record together. In typical Jerry fashion, he said he didn't think he could keep up with those two. I shook my head is dis-belief. He was so humble when it came to his guitar playing. Behind all the humbleness was a genious. I'll never forget buying the the Half & Half album and listening to nervous break down and thought oh my gosh this guy is un-believable. That Album was a musicians album. Sorry to ramble but I'm a Jerry Reed nut and I don't even play guitar. I'm a drummer. That's what his music has meant to me.

Thanks,
Jimmy
jimmy willis

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins