"Wayfaring Stranger"

Watch and share videos from youtube

"Wayfaring Stranger"

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:55 pm

"Wayfaring Stranger" is another song from my Acoustic Guitar CD. I played the song on my Taylor 912C acoustic guitar.
Thanks for watching and listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOpdwl0s9G4
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Re: "Wayfaring Stranger"

Postby keener » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Thank you for this, Ronnie. I appreciate how you maintained the original color of the song, without throwing in extra 7th's and diminished's, and so on, as so many have done with this tune (including me). When extras are added, the song loses some of its intended simplicity and spirituality, at least to my way of thinking. I love to do my own arrangements of most tunes, but there are some tunes that seem best played in the way they were originally intended, and I think this is one of them.

Thanks again,
Bruce
keener

Postby Richard Hudson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:36 am

Very nice, Ronnie. I like Bruce's comments. I am one of those guilty of jazzing this one up a bit, but I like your version a lot.
Richard Hudson

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 am

Bruce and Richard,
I appreciate the remarks. I try to keep my recordings 'close to the ground' with a few nuances that I hope adds to the songs. I wish I could play the arpeggios that I hear others do, but since I don't I just try to play clean with feeling and let it speak for itself.
Thanks
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Return to Video Files