Just Checking in from Arizona

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Just Checking in from Arizona

Postby Gary Smith » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Its been a while, just checking in, I come in and read every so often, but haven't had much to post.

I had dinner last night with Thom Bresh at the Pinnacle Grill in Scottsdale Az, Thom is still a showman and had everybody laughing in stitches with his antics. Super picker, funny entertainer with his impressions of just about anyone.
I think he really likes living in Arizona.

gary smith
Gary Smith

Re: Just Checking in from Arizona

Postby keener » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Great to hear from you, Gary, and great to know that Bresh is doing well and enjoying Arizona. He is an incredible entertainer, for sure. A super-gifted guy.

Thanks for checking in.

Bruce
keener

Postby Larry Lenhart » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Gary,
Is that a regular gig for Thom Bresh ? I spend 4 months of the year out in Az, and I would be interested in going to see him perform. Do you know if Nokie is playing anywhere in the area ? I had talked with you at some point in getting together while I was out there, but I dropped the ball on that. Maybe in April, May we can do that while I am out there.
Larry Lenhart

Postby Gary Smith » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Larry, I hear that Nokie is now in Yuma or near Yuma, that he bought a house out there.
Others have said that he sold his motorhome, but that is not confirmed.
As far as Bresh doing regulary gigs, I can't speak for him, but He mentioned that the gig last night was kind of a test, to see how well it was received.

I think he will let everyone know when he has a decision, check with Facebook, he's on there everyday.

Let me know when you get back to AZ, if you want, perhaps we can meet and pick somewhere, shoot an email to me when you are ready.

Take care, gary
Gary Smith

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins