Freddy's Chet Page RIP

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Freddy's Chet Page RIP

Postby Randy Finney » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:40 am

One more question? Just because I am curious - not because I have any interest in this discussion continuing.

A "Waffle House" is, I presume, a restaurant that specializes in waffles. My question is, "why is it a derogatory term?"

Also, is it the people that cause something to be labeled a "Waffle House", or does something that has been labeled a "Waffle House" attract a certain type of people?

I am really not being facetious here. I am genuinely curious

Randy
Randy Finney

Postby Richard Hudson » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:55 am

Waffle House makes really good omlets. :)
Richard Hudson

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:12 pm

I have been guilty of this form of waffling. It's one of the things I do best - next to milling aimlessly. :D
Ray

waffle
vb to speak or write in a vague and wordy manner
n (Linguistics) vague and wordy speech or writing
Ray Bohlken

Postby Mike Nye » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Waffle House: An Internet term for a discussion forum group where poster's comments ramble on aimlessly, criss-crossing from all directions leading NOWHERE to infinity.
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Postby BillB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:09 pm

I was surprised to see this discussion go as long as it did, and even though I've been skimming through it, I was really losing interest. Maybe I wasn't all that interested in the first place. However, the "waffle" comments have made it a little more interesting, at least for me. I'm also getting a little hungry, too. ;)

Bill B.
BillB

Postby RandeDager » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your faith in me. Yes, I paid for every vinyl record I once owned. Losing it was part of the abandonment
that ensued when my wife left me.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby JohnBinns » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Getting back to Freddy’s, some have had the misconception that his site used to have free, downloadable music, in violation of copyright laws. What I do know is that one could not simply “save” by downloading his collection without specialized software or hardware circumvent. If you right clicked to save, you would simply be saving a shortcut while the music would remain on his server. Freddy paid for the bandwidth. Any successful attempt to save resulted in low quality files and some of his collection had pops, clicks and skips included.

My MP3 library has been a lot of fun to build but nothing comes close to a well presented CD disc. My recent purchase of the Chester and Lester CD (2007 BMG Legacy) complete with 4 unreleased tracks has been an inspiration and a recommended addition to any collection.
JohnBinns

Postby Mike Nye » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 pm

When Freddie was offering full-length songs the files were actually, .hdc link, file extensions that were simply that a link.

There actually is ONE better than Chester & Lester on CD, and that's having a pristine vinyl disc for when you want it the way it actually was in studio. NOT quite as convenient as a CD, but well worth the effort . . .
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins