Chetboard

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Chetboard

Postby Audie Wykle » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Looks real good to me Tom. It will take some getting used to for some I'm sure, like alot of things, but I think it looks and works great, as most message boards you see now. I use a computer daily, but I in no way consider myself computer savvy. But I think everyone should find it user friendly.
Audie Wykle

Re: Chetboard

Postby BillB » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:46 am

I agree with Audie. You can bet there will be some moaning and groaning, :x but they will get used to it. Sometimes we have something that is better for us, and we don't even realize it. :? This format is very familiar to those who branch out a little on the internet, :geek: and this is probably what some of them have been wanting. :mrgreen:

Thought I'd play with the "smilies" on this one. :D

Bill B.
BillB

Postby RonHaft » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Well I must admit I'm a moaner and groaner but I keep it to myself. For many years I was regularly tapped to be a leader in implementing new computer systems at work. Pain in the neck to learn a new system and then more pain to teach it but we spent many millions of dollars doing it because the result was an improvement worth the expense (and pain).
Ron H
RonHaft

Postby George Beasley » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:11 pm

I like it. Good job.

Thanks
George
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby JoelHenderson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 am

The new Chetboard will be great!
JoelHenderson

Postby John A » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Well; I guess with all the other post, this is the way to go. It is colorfull if nothing else.

I just liked it when I clicked on it; I immediately saw what was new; what was old and any new replies etc.
I could go and immediately and post my words. This is definitley different.

This want effect most of you and it looks good. I just want be as involved as I was. Too hard to find general posts. They are all separated too much. I realize progress muct go on and we live in that society. I'm sure that 99.9% wil love it and that's what it should be. I will learn to find some things. "Viva la progress" (grin)
John A

Postby Tompicks » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:49 pm

thanks everyone.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby J D ROBERTS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:04 pm

I believe that the subject driven discussions are lost & the group discussions are not there. You're simply making statements and the personal camaraderie as been lost. I believe subtle changes would have been preferred. I believe the site will lose its following. Just my opinion. Thanks J D
J D ROBERTS

Postby Terry Tolley » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:20 pm

The subject driven discussions are still here - they just look different. Even this post is a result of a subject driven discussion! Those who are loyal to Chet and his music will likely remain active here. Those who were active primarily for other reasons will likely drop away. Things will always change. Some people can accept changes whole-heartedly, and the rest will either adapt or become disgruntled and quit for a time, or altogether. Life goes on. Not eveyone will be happy with change.....any change.
Terry Tolley

Postby BillB » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:51 am

If folks will stick with it and not quit just because it's something new, I think the fans will remain. It just takes a little getting used to. I simply look at the dates under each section, and then I go look at the most recent posts. I am teacher, and we never like change, but it is constantly changing. You just have to go with it, and then folks might even begin to like it. This is a very common format across the internet. Hang in there, folks. Don't rush to conclusions until you've given it your best shot. I trust Tom on this one.

Bill B.
BillB

Return to Announcement and News