Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed & Suzy Boguss - Live in Nashville CD

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed & Suzy Boguss - Live in Nashville CD

Postby Hendrik » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 am

Just saw that the American Music Shop concert is now available on CD.

It contains the songs:

1. Sneakin' Around
2. All I Ever Need is You
3. Outbound Plane
4. Ain't Nobody's Business
5. Something
6. Three Little Words
7. Aces
8. Midnight
9. Mule Skinner Blues
10. Summeritme
11. Georgia on My Mind
12. Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad

Hendrik

Re: Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed & Suzy Boguss - Live in Nashvill

Postby bill park » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Hendrik. Here's the link to it on Amazon -
http://www.amazon.com/Live-Nashville-Chet-Atkins/dp/B004K4ZGGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1297536493&sr=1-1-spell
(Available on Feb 15)
bill park

Postby JohnBinns » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:16 pm

My reaction when I first saw this on Amazon was: will it be in video too? This must be the same concert that a number of YouTube videos are based on.
JohnBinns

Postby guitarchuck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:47 pm

I found this place selling a DVD-R of that concert:

http://www.maximumsound.org/Chet-Atkins-American-Music-Shop-Nashville-9-05-92-DVD_p_689.html

I don't know anything about this company. They're in Nashville according to the website.
guitarchuck

Postby PhilHunt » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:42 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Milon puts the axe on that Chet dvd after this thread. It's an obvious bootleg.
PhilHunt

Postby Vidar Lund » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:51 am

"Excellent quality Pro-shot recording of Chet Adkins". How about ATKINS?
Vidar Lund

Postby Tony Enamel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:30 am

This is great news!!!

Judging by the few videos from that AMS concert available on Youtube, I always felt this performance was superior to the one at the Bottom Line, sold by Mel Bay.

Thanks for the heads up, Hendrik!

Cheers,

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Postby PhilHunt » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:46 am

The Bottom Line dvd was good, but it was cut and edited. The Amercian Music Shop TV show was top notch and amazing. Most of the good stuff that not is put out commercialy, you gotta get second hand (under the table), from other people here and there. Most of the video/audio stuff I have accquired has been through folks who actually taped the shows from tv when they actually aired or I've traded. My uncle who lives near Nashville taped almost everything Chet appeared on from the late 70's-90's with an old RCA selectavision top load VCR (THE ONES THAT WERE MONSTROUS AND WEIGHED ABOUT 100LBS). He gave me a bunch of the original VHS tapes and I transferred them to DVD. Another guy out west named Pat Bacon sent me a whole lot of dvd's with Chet's tv appearances. I'm still on the hunt for (and I know Eddie is as well), is the 50's Today Show appearance of Chet with the echosonic amp. Of course trying to get NBC to help is like getting into fort knox.
Just note also: it seems like RFD-TV is starting to vear towards becoming like TNN was which is a good thing. I'd love for them to air The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour or the old 50's Grand Ole Opry shows. It's still great that they air The Porter Wagoner Shows, Pop Goes the Country, Wilburn Brothers and Hee-Haw. By the way the one with Tommy Jones should be coming up soon so watch out for it. The original airdate was Saturday November 18, 1972 (with Bobby Bare and Barbara Fairchild). They are airing the '72 season now.
PhilHunt

Postby RandeDager » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:59 am

Phil, thanks for that news. I'd love to get a hold of the "Hee Haw" episode where I first became aware of Tommy Jones. I believe that it was in '71 or '72. Roy Clark brought Tommy out and finished his intro with saying ".....and when he gets done I'm going to take him backstage and step on his hands!" It took me 4 years after that show to finally meet him.
I'd like a tape of that episode if at all possible. I didn't realize the history behind your inventory. I'm sure you have a lot of treasures.

thanks,

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Hendrik » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:28 am

JohnBinns wrote:My reaction when I first saw this on Amazon was: will it be in video too? This must be the same concert that a number of YouTube videos are based on.

There is a DVD version but I can only find them in European and Japanese webshops.
Example: http://soundsdelft.nl/detail.php?artnr=2874530

Hendrik

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins