Muriel Anderson's All Star Guitar night

Watch and share videos from youtube

Muriel Anderson's All Star Guitar night

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:37 pm

I was watching some of the video from last year's All Star Night. Man, there was some great playing that night. I sure wish I could get to see one of those sometime. I have a couple of the shows on VHS and DVD, but I'd love to see it in person one time. Andy Wahlberg did a great version of the Steely Dan song "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" on a harp guitar. Did any of you get to see this show? I sure envy you if you did. I've been to 5 of the C.A.A.S. conventions and had a great time, but I wish I had stuck around to see this show, too. Here is a link to the song.
Ray

http://asgn.tv/index.html?channel=asgn1 ... wahlberg_w
Ray Bohlken

Re: Muriel Anderson's All Star Guitar night

Postby Tompicks » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Just like you Ray "All Star Guitar Night" is something I have always wanted to do but could not stick around to see. Most years at CAAS I have come in on Wednesday and returned Sunday morning. There was one year (96) where I actually stayed through the following week and attended the NGSW clinic at MTSU which started the Sunday after the convention. John Knowles taught the class I was in, giving 3-4 hours of instruction per day for a small class of 10-12 folks for 4 days straight. That vacation was incredible, it was about ten days of the the most intense guitar instruction and daily displays of amazing talent, including Chet's.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:55 pm

Hey Tom. I envy you the lesson with John Knowles. That must have been a great class. I've been in some of his workshops at the C.A.A.S. conventions and I have always learned something neat...that class was something extra special I'll bet.
Take care...I really appreciate this Chet Board. It is something great. Thanks for setting this up.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi Jack. I had watched all of the videos, but I couldn't remember who played what. I went back and checked out Victor Wooten and he played an amazing bass solo.
Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby RandeDager » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:28 am

I've been a big fan of the jazz/gospel group "Take 6" since their debut album in 1989. I attended a concert of theirs in 1991 and the warmup group was "Bela Fleck and the Flecktones", who were then being discovered. That night I discovered Victor Wooten, who was their bass player and remained as such for a long time. I've kept my eye on him ever since. At a NAMM show once in L.A. I watched him do a complete solo performance on a 4, 5, and 6 string bass. I'll never forget his amazing rendition of "The Flintstones".

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Return to Video Files