Thanks for the nice words Bill.
PhilHunt

Re: Great pickers on Chetboard

Postby Steve Moran » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 am

NIce playing Ron!
Steve Moran

Postby videovejjie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks Roger. I hope others didn't get the impression that I was forcing my YouTube site on them. If that was the way it was received, I apologize.
Ron Vejvoda
videovejjie

Postby RandeDager » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:20 pm

I think that seeing others in this group posting their videos helps those who are more shy or believe they "aren't good enough" to step forward. I've appreciated what I've seen and may soon be in a position to post a few also. My mother
received a nice laptop for her birthday and it has a built in camera and mic, which mine doesn't. She wants to
trade with me because she feels that hers has "too many features". In return I'm supposed to teach her how to use it. I'm happy to oblige. In spite of all of my recording woes, I think I can sit an play in front of a camera and mic.....lol.

Professional quality recordings are still a ways off.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby keener » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:05 pm

One thing my videos prove: If a idiot like me can make recordings, without any professional equipment, anybody can.

Although I understand that not everyone has the time or interest for making videos, I love the videos here and would love to see some from some new posters (as well as those who are more regular).
keener

Postby RandeDager » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:09 pm

Bruce, it has never been because of lack of time or interest that you haven't seen me post video or audio recordings. As long as I can have the necessary software and/or hardware, then I'll be in business.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby keener » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Rande, I wasn't taking aim at you (or anybody) with that comment, although I can see now that how it could be interpreted that way. All I was saying is that it really doesn't take much to put together a video these days. Maybe I'm more fortunate than many in that I have a computer that has built into it all that I need. I presumed that everyone has at least as good a machine as mine, because it is over 4 years old, and the typical computer of today is much more powerful and better equipped than mine.

My apologies for writing something that could be taken offensively.
keener

Postby RandeDager » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Bruce, you are way too kind of a person for me to have taken what you said offensively. I was just pointing out that lack of time or interest may be the situation for most of the "non-posters" on the Chet-Board but in my case it has been the lack of the capability to do so. My goal for several decades has been to make a professional recording and that has remained elusive but I've felt that I've been a lot closer to being able to post something on YouTube because the quality isn't expected to be at a "professional" level. The cost of technology has come down considerably but if you've ever dealt with issues of incompatibility, the expense of mismatched hardware and/or software can really add up. Then you're stuck until you can afford the right combination, such as your Mac with everything built in.

I'll get there! In the mean time I'm putting in my practice time.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby keener » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Good for you, Rande.
Take care my friend
Bruce
keener

Previous

Return to Video Files