fingerstyle guitar mag

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

fingerstyle guitar mag

Postby Roger Crews » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:50 am

has anybody got there no.71 issue yet
Roger Crews

Re: fingerstyle guitar mag

Postby RandeDager » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:08 pm

I paid for 2 years in early 2010 and received one issue about a month later. Many months later (known as "now") still nothing more.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby bill park » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:17 pm

RandeDager wrote:I paid for 2 years in early 2010 and received one issue about a month later. Many months later (known as "now") still nothing more.
Rande

I think that's what happened to most of us that subscribed - I only received one issue also. That was an expensive single copy, but at least Chet was on the cover...!

The future of the magazine is in doubt, I hear.
bill park

Postby David Elliott » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Had I subscribed to this magazine I think I'd be contacting the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, concerning mail-order subscription fraud.

If you do business through the U.S. Mail, there are laws concerning this type of activity.

David
David Elliott

Postby Longridge » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 am

Roger Crews wrote:has anybody got there no.71 issue yet

The rep was at CAAS in Nashville last July and gave out copies of the #71 Issue. I had already ordered a singe copy of the Chet issue/CD during spring 2010 so I wonder what happened since that time. They were selling it at CAAS as well as the Chet issue and started giving them away toward the end of the convention. So sorry to hear so many folks aren't getting what they paid for. The post office may be the best place to start if it is a last resort and no contact can be made with the company. When I go to their website it still offers the magazine for sale.
Longridge

Postby RandeDager » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:28 am

That was an interesting business plan. Make sure to take care of the people whom you see face to face, thus advertisement for new customers, and then not have to worry about those of us in the background who paid but
remain unseen and don't have to be dealt with. Of course I guess they didn't have to show up at CAAS, but then
they wouldn't have gotten any new customers. Other than having been personally handed issue #71, I wonder how
many new people who paid at CAAS for a subscription are now in the same boat as the rest of us? I would assume
all of them.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Longridge » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:34 am

Didn't notice if folks were signing up for subscriptions at CAAS. I am trying a different avenue to see if a single copy order will go through when paid with PayPal. If they don't deliver it will be handled by PayPal so I should at least get my money refunded if the sale goes through. Will let you know what happens in the following weeks.
Longridge

Postby J Ewan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Good luck... I wouldn't give these folks any money, paypal or otherwise.
J Ewan

Postby RandeDager » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Bill Piburn (FM editor) is such a nice guy. I'm sure he's embarrassed and I feel sorry for him.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Longridge » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Longridge wrote:Didn't notice if folks were signing up for subscriptions at CAAS. I am trying a different avenue to see if a single copy order will go through when paid with PayPal. If they don't deliver it will be handled by PayPal so I should at least get my money refunded if the sale goes through. Will let you know what happens in the following weeks.

I am quoting my own message here so I can update you on the Fingerstyle Guitar mag situation with regard to my order (last week) of a single copy of one of last year's issues. It came in the mail without delay but as a single magazine it was expensive since I got the special edition with Chet on the cover with a CD which is now a back issue.

I really feel bad for folks who subscribed and haven't received their magazines.
Longridge

Next

Return to Announcement and News