Chet Atkins Liza, Played by Spencer Barnes

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: Chet Atkins Liza, Played by Spencer Barnes

Postby thenorm » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:11 pm

You are one of the rare ones that use the Bigsby properly. I see so many other players o nyoutube seem to almost be afraid to use it when it was so much a part of Chet's sound over the years. Ya done good. You got all the little bells and whistles....
thenorm

Postby Roger Pratt » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:26 pm

EXCELLENT!!!!!!
Roger Pratt

Postby rhirvine » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks Spencer. That was always one of my favorite Chet Atkins arrangements. I think that harmonic stuff especially the harmonic with chord stuff was pure genius especially for that day (don't know exactly when). You made it look easy. I never had any idea how do do it until maybe now. Loved it!
Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby spencer barnes » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 pm

rhirvine wrote:Thanks Spencer. That was always one of my favorite Chet Atkins arrangements. I think that harmonic stuff especially the harmonic with chord stuff was pure genius especially for that day (don't know exactly when). You made it look easy. I never had any idea how do do it until maybe now. Loved it!
Rich Irvine

Pretty sure the album was called "Chet Atlins Finger Style Guitar" and it came out in 1961,And your right Sheer genius for the time!
Spencer Barnes.
spencer barnes

Postby thenorm » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:37 pm

RCA Victor LPM-1383 The Finger-Style Guitar Of Chet Atkins: Swedish Rhapsody; Liza; In The Mood; Heartaches; Glow Worm; Dance Of The Goldenrod; Petite Waltz; Adelita; Gavotte In D; Unchained Melody; Waltz In A-Flat; Malagueña – 57 (MX: G2PP-8152/3)

Came out in 1957

Used the fabled "red" 6120...the guitar the CGP is based on
thenorm

Postby spencer barnes » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 am

thenorm wrote:RCA Victor LPM-1383 The Finger-Style Guitar Of Chet Atkins: Swedish Rhapsody; Liza; In The Mood; Heartaches; Glow Worm; Dance Of The Goldenrod; Petite Waltz; Adelita; Gavotte In D; Unchained Melody; Waltz In A-Flat; Malagueña – 57 (MX: G2PP-8152/3)

Came out in 1957

Used the fabled "red" 6120...the guitar the CGP is based on

Thanks for the info, The album I have was released in 61
lpm-1383 all the same song titles
The cover reads
CHET ATKINS
FINGER-STYLE GUITAR
And he's playing a walnut finished guitar.
spencer barnes

Postby guitarchuck » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 am

ImageImage
Looks like you have the re-issue Spencer. Same album different cover. Chet actually played the guitar on the first album cover, the red one, on the recording.
guitarchuck

Postby thenorm » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 am

Chuck has it right

I think the 'walnut finished guitar' is his fabled '59 photographing darker than usual. It does the same thing on his Hymns album.
thenorm

Postby spencer barnes » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:58 pm

guitarchuck wrote:ImageImage
Looks like you have the re-issue Spencer. Same album different cover. Chet actually played the guitar on the first album cover, the red one, on the recording.

I kind of figured it was a reissue,thanks for setting me straight. Now I have to look for the original album! I don't have that cover.
Thanks Spencer.......
spencer barnes

Next

Return to Video Files