Peavy Delta Blues

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Peavy Delta Blues

Postby JimP » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:59 pm

My wondeful wife bought me a Peavy Delta Blues amp for Christmas! What a mavelous piece of equipment it is. It makes my 6120 sound as close as I am ever gonna' get to Chet's sound. I no longer have any excuses. I was playing, "Chinatown, my Chinatown" the other night using maximum reverb to get that "slap-back" sound and it seems that now it isn't as quiet as it originally was. When I turn the reverb setting over #4 (it goes to 12) it has an irritating hum. Is that normal? I like to set the reverb around 5 most of the time. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks, Jim.
JimP

Re: Peavy Delta Blues

Postby PhilHunt » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Check to see if you have a loose connection on your reverb tank. I bought a new Peavey Bandit 112 about 15 years ago and it was brand new in the box and when I brought it home the reverb worked somewhat but when I turned it up it had a bad hum to it. Turned out it has a cold solder joint and a loose wire. I removed the reverb tank and resoldered the wire and then it worked.
PhilHunt

Re: Peavy Delta Blues

Postby jay » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:34 am

Hey Jim...had the same amp with two problems, due to the size and placement of the speaker. Yours was the one I was able to eliminate.

I called it, reverb feedback. Try isolating the reverb tank. Put a towel under it and over it. That solved my problem. I bet if you take it out of the case and lay it on the floor the hum leaves. Worth a try, anyway.

Good luck,
jay
jay kantor
jay

Return to Guitars and Equipment