Chet and “And I Love You So.”

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet and “And I Love You So.”

Postby Doug Working » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:08 pm

https://youtu.be/YGqUoKaTQoc

I know Chet produced it, and Perry sang it, and I’m 99.9% sure that is Chet accompanying on classical guitar.

What I’m wondering is did Chet ever record it by himself? (Cover)

I’m digging through my musical memories in my brain, and I swear I can hear a faint ghost of his rendition of it, HOWEVER, that may possibly be a false memory, or the “Mandela Effect,” as it is often called.

The point is, if he did cover it, then I can’t remember which album it would be on.

Daff
Doug Working

Re: Chet and “And I Love You So.”

Postby Larry Marchino » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:28 pm

Doug,
Yes Chet recorded this himself! I have it on the album "GREAT HITS OF THE PAST". I also have it on CD on the "Country Gems" compilation dated 1990.
Larry Marchino
Larry Marchino

Postby Doug Working » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:25 pm

Thanks for helping me pin it down! So it wasn’t just my imagination!

In fact, I’m pretty sure I have the album. I’ll check.

Thanks again!

Daff
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am

I found it! Went through my Chet CD’s and found the one you mentioned. Finally got to listen to it. Thanks much!
Doug Working

Postby Larry Marchino » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:16 am

Glad you found it! Chet does such a wonderful job on that tune!

I have all my Chet songs entered into a data base so I can look up the tune and see what CDs or records I have them on. I started doing that years ago because, like you, I would think of a Chet tune and want to listen to it but couldn't remember what CD or record (or cassette) I had it on. I use it all the time to see if I have a tune and where to find it. I have most of Chet's recordings, but there are still a few tunes I don't have in some format. Now the problem is just finding the CD. I should have them arranged alphabetically I guess, but that is a problem when it comes to the multialbum CDs and my CD rack only has certain places for the multi-CD cases. I guess no system is perfect. ;)

Larry
Larry Marchino

Re: Chet and “And I Love You So.

Postby Doug Working » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:19 pm

I’ve tried to do a data base of all my Chet stuff. It’s a major challenge!

My aim is to first do the tunes I’ve uploaded to my Chet channel on Ytube, as there are over 500 posts I made. Doing that would prevent me from doing repeats.

But it’s a LOT of work!

Daff
Doug Working

Postby Larry Marchino » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:41 am

Now the problem I have is remembering the name of some of Chet's tunes. He recorded so many. Once in a while a Chet melody will come to mind but I can't think of the name of it to look it up. I guess I'll just have to continue to wait until the name pops into my mind.
Larry
Larry Marchino

Re: Chet and “And I Love You So

Postby Doug Working » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:31 pm

I tried to do a count, once, of how many he recorded. I believe I counted a little over a thousand. But that was just in my collection alone.

If I uploaded over 500 to my Ytube channel, that leaves me a good 500 more to go, if I ever get the deal straightened out with my log-in issues,

But the point is there are FAR MORE than that!
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins