TAB wanted

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

TAB wanted

Postby JimP » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:17 am

It's snowing in East Tennessee. I am sitting in my office listening to Chet play "Blue Angel"...at least I think it is Blue Angel. I have it at home on a DVD and they call it, "Sunrise" on a performance on Austin City Limits. At least that what my memory says that the DVD jacket says dontcha know. Does anyone have a TAB for this? I surely would appreciate it. These cold, snowy days are perfect for learning a new tune. Thanks, Jim
JimP

Re: TAB wanted

Postby johnjcd » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:56 pm

HI JimP...I don't have the Tab but I do have the standard music notation to Blue Angel. I saved it in the old Frets Magazine by Chet himself. It is in 3 parts ? articles he did. It was way back in Oct.,Nov., & Dec. 1986 issues. It's one tough piece to play there! Hope you actually have the music. I do but can't remember the esact album/cd I have it on. It's been on more than one of his releases. It is originally written by Nata Lima from Los Indios Tabajaras. Chet's version is with his thumb & one finger as he played it faster than Nata did. Nata also played it in the key of C minor tuned up to a minor third!. Chet's version was always requested to play but even he said in the article , ' it wears me out every time I play it! '. I can copy it & mail it to you if you want to attempt this. Not sure how else I'd get it to you. Frets magazine , of course, is no longer in business. Maybe someone else has the Tab to it. JOHN D.
johnjcd

Postby JimP » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:37 pm

John,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I did not know that Blue Angel was written by Nato. I would very much like to read that article, but the standard notation would do me no good as I can only play by ear. If you would be so gracious as to copy that and send it to me I would be forever grateful. Thanks so much. Jim.
JimP

Postby johnjcd » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:08 pm

I need to clarify here. Duh to me , the Tab is right below the standard music . It is in straight 4/4 time & are mostly just 1/8 notes he plays but, they never stop! Takes awhile to learn to say the least but great tune! I can copy & send you the articles & music. Just so you know, the music lists each fret & string below the standard notation. It actually is Tab too. It lists the finger that Chet uses to for each note. Example, it starts out 12th fret, then open E, 10th fret open E, 8th fret then open E etc. each on 1st E string. Tune really does move too!. Do you have the music on Cd or something to this? If not, I have it on 2 Cd's. The first is 'Chet Atkins-the master & his music', the 2nd CD is 'Chet Atkins Guitar Legend - the RCA Years'. I'm sure they still can be had through Barges&Noble, Amazon, etc. By the way, where would I mail these copies to ?? It's only 4 pages including the notes by Chet. Check out YouTube also for the song played by CHet and/or others. Just search either 'Blue Angel' or Chet Atkins. It's out there (& still free!). Let me know...JOHN D.
johnjcd

Postby johnjcd » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Jim, did you get my message? I re-sent & acutally have the Blue Angel tab for you. Where should I mail it to? JOHN...
My e-mail address is ' vze2gdch@verizon.net ' .
johnjcd

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins