Carlos Santana's CE on eBay. Yowza.

Postby Fred » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:16 am

https://www.ebay.com/i/163201111520?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3D139a1cb122de4af084aa4e77f1385475%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D16%26sd%3D153158173156%26itm%3D163201111520
:shock:
I'm obviously not the seller, but here's the description from eBay
ROCK & ROLL HISTORY FOR SALE!

EXTREMELY RARE!
Opportunity to purchase and own a piece of Rocks most Influential,
• Legendary Guitarist
• World Famous
• Mega Superstar
• Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee,
• 10 time Grammy Award Winner!
• Multi Platinum Records

"EL SENOR DE LA GUITARA"

CARLOS SANTANA'S

1982' Gibson "Chet Atkins" Classical Electric Acoustic Guitar from the Gibson 'Custom Shop' Edition Guitar! This guitar comes with a letter of Authenticity from Santana management Office, that is dated, numbered and signed by the Legendary Jorge Santana. The guitar itself has a very low serial number from the Gibson 'Custom Shop', that is documented as owned by Carlos Santana.The guitar's serial number, I have kept undisclosed for security and Anti-counterfeit purposes. I also retain the original invoice receipt of purchase from Bananas at Large music equipment store. I will guarantee the buyer of the authenticity of this guitar.

Carlos used this guitar for recordings and concert performances from 1982 when he acquired it thru 1999 until he sold it to me. This was his electric acoustic guitar of choice when he performed on stage for 17 years. Generally, Guitars sold out of the Gibson 'Custom Shop' are made for the professional Artist like Carlos Santana. I really don't know if this guitar was custom built just for Carlos, and wouldn't doubt it if it was. What I can inform you with is that, because it was built in the Gibson 'custom shop' the interior electrical circuitry and exterior hardware is upgraded and the wood used was hand selected from the best stock. Santana's Guitar Tech's ensures that all of his guitars are at peak performance level at all times to include this guitar.

This guitar truly belongs in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame or Las Vegas, Hard Rock Cafe, Gibson Guitars has expressed interest in the guitar, however now is your rariest opportunity to own a piece of Rock's History from a living Legend. The guitar has traveled around the globe many times with Carlos thru the years. I purchased the guitar from Carlos in April of 1999' in the very same year in July, Eric Clapton sold his Gibson "Chet Atkins" guitar for $35K plus 15% handing fee's plus 8.25% for taxes please refer to the photos. The cover photo on the guitar magazine displays above Eric's head, his Gibson "Chet Atkins" 1982' guitar. The only major difference is Eric's guitar is a (std.) standard issue guitar as stated in the magazine, whereas Carlos Santana's guitar is a 'Custom Shop' Edition guitar with a very low serial number. Please refer to the photos where it shows the back of the guitar neck displaying the serial number starting with a letter "C" that represents Custom Edition guitar.

I have owned this guitar for 19 years and properly stored in it's original guitar case and in a optimal climate controlled environment for preservation and for the prized possesion that it is. It's current condition is precisely the way I purchased in 1999. It does show some signs of wear near the bottom string area due to Carlos aggressive guitar strumming techniques.

During the time that Carlos owned it and performed with it at concert venues, I have personally taken photos which I will include in the purchase. There are also music videos on YouTube that can be seen and heard that captures the beautiful sound that this guitar has to offer. To make this offer perfectly clear, the guitar you see Carlos Santana performing with in the videos, is the very guitar I am selling. Not a look alike or copy or same type model, but the actual one he is performing with. Carlos has only owned one Gibson "Chet Atkins" acoustic electric guitar and this one is it.

I will be available to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to ask.

A YouTube video can be seen by going to YouTube, type in search area "Carlos Santana montreux 1993 Concieto" fast forward to time stamp 12:00 and enjoy the song "Canto De Xango" thanks for viewing!

I've also included a photo of a Newspaper clipping of a News Reporter that interviewed me the afternoon after the sale at Bananas at Large Store.

All shipping expenditures will be buyers responsibility any customs or import concerns will buyers responsibility.

Seller will not be held responsible for any shipping concerns beyond my control.

This is "As Is" used condition sale! ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS ACCEPTED! I WILL GUARANTEE THE BUYER THAT THIS IS AUTHENTIC AND FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WHAT I HAVE POSTED IN THE PICTURES.
• 1982' Gibson "Chet Atkins" Classical Electric Acoustic Guitar with it's original guitar case
• Original Santana Management "letter of Authenticity"
• Copy of Original invoice receipt from Bananas at Large music store.
• Bonus items a DVD copy of Carlos Santana live in concert performing with this guitar and photos.

This is a full payment sale only! No trades concidered. PayPal is the preferred method of payment.

I will start the biding at $50k all serious bids will be concidered. The buy it now price is $85,000.00

Please contact me and ask me how you can authenicate this guitar for yourself before bidding.

Thank you, for viewing and for your interest! More Carlos Santana personal items coming soon.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

R.VALDERRAMA
Fred

Re: Carlos Santana's CE on eBay. Yowza.

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:56 am

I had a 1982 Gibson CEC with a Custom Shop Edition on the back of the headstock. It cost me around $600 used if I remember correctly. I think the Custom Shop indicator was often used by Gibson for prototypes and the first few instruments of a new series of guitars. I had a Gibson Gent with one, too, and it was the first year they were issued. I don't know what the premium would be for a celebrity owned guitar. Some of them go for amazing prices. Just me rambling on...I have no idea what it's worth. Interesting eBay listing, though.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Joeb » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Wow 85 grand for a guitar for an artist whose career to me personally wasn't that impressive over the many years. Insane price I tell ya. Joe
Joeb

Postby Roger Pratt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:06 pm

For me to pay that kind of money, Jesus Christ would have to be the seller and personally bless the guitar.
Roger Pratt

Postby DagerRande » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Roger, don't forget that he should also guarantee you eternal life and a spot in heaven!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Fred » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:15 am

I shared this with my friend Ric Wilson, he thinks he might have sold this to Carlos many years ago when he worked at Bananas At Large in San Rafael late 70;s early 80s. I still think it's about about 83K overpriced. As BT Barnum said....(no need to repeat it)
Fred

Postby Tom Workman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Whenever I see things like this it drives me nuts. I'm always amused at how some people think some items should be worth these insane dollar amounts because of who owned them, whether it be a guitar or anything else for that matter. I remember some years back that a local Chevrolet dealer had taken out a half page ad in the Sunday newspaper for a Caprice they were selling that had been traded in by our local NFL coach that was priced way more than a brand new one. For heaven's sake, it was just a used car regardless of who owned it! But, then again, I couldn't blame the dealer if someone was goofy enough to buy it for that price. I feel the same way about autographs.. the only way I'm interested is if they write their name in the lower right-hand corner of their personal check and hand it to me. I've had the good fortune to interact and do some picking with a couple of my guitar heroes and I place much more value on something like that. Along these lines, a guitar-playing friend of mine and I went to a (well known) guitar duo concert which was great and he said that if only I had brought my guitar along with me that I could have asked them to sign it to which I replied; are you crazy, I don't want anyone writing on my guitar! ...ha-ha, O.K., I'm getting off my soap-box now. Didn't mean to rant. Regards, Tom W.
Tom Workman

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE