This Bud's For You

Watch and share videos from youtube

This Bud's For You

Postby keener » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:01 pm

This is a little tune I put together specifically for my picking buddies on the ChetBoard, for the encouragement you've given me to keep on picking, for lots of good tunes to listen to, and for a lot of wisdom. I named the tune Bud, because it's for my buds, and also so I could say This Bud's for you. This should be safe to try at home. Might be harder than it looks, though ... at least it was for me. Amazingly, I didn't make any mistakes until the end of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0bRkZGvSsM

I got the inspiration for this yesterday, while watching Phil Hunt's Tupelo Mississippi Flash youtube. Of course, my little tune doesn't sound very similar, but that's where the inspiration came from.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.
Last edited by keener on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
keener

Re: This Bud's For You

Postby RonBloor » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Another amazing job Bruce. I'm glad you left the final whew/gasp in there, because it just shows you are human like the rest of us. People don't realize just how hard it is to do these things. They don't just happen :) Thanks again.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Billy Anderson » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Ah, another Rose, Bud (with apologies to Mr. Welles and Mr. Busch).

I don't know how you do it - seems as though there's nothing to it
But when I try to pursue it, I just end up saying s---- it!

KOPAP. Billy
Billy Anderson

Postby keener » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks Ron and Billy. I appreciate you guys,
Bruce
keener

Postby rhirvine » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Very nice. I could play it maybe if I worked at it for many many months but I could never come up with anything in that style on my own. You are really gifted and/or work very hard at it. Thanks!

Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby keener » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Thank you Rich. I enjoyed that one myself. Next month though I won't even remember how it did it (which is why it's nice to have videos).

Bruce
keener

Postby Roger Pratt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:57 pm

WHEW!!....That's what I felt after watching that Bruce......I get stressed just watching all those chords. My tired old fingers won't even go in those positions. GOOD WORK Bud!!! (er, Bruce)
Roger Pratt

Postby awykle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Another great one Bruce. You never cease to amaze! I really do enjoy the many tunes you have posted. Keep it up!
awykle

Postby keener » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:59 pm

Thank you very much, Roger and Audie!
All my best, guys,
Bruce
keener

Postby RandeDager » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 am

Bruce, I haven't been on the board as much lately but wanted to see what else you may have posted. This was very nice!
I see two areas of challenge that you've managed to deal with nicely:

1) First there is the issue of having it all straight in your mind, which stops most people from getting anywhere.

2) Then there is the issue of the physical challenge even when things are clear in your mind. Many don't get too far
in this area either. Of course, a lot of practice can make quite a bit of difference.

You have some very nice counterpoint and your right hand technique is very good. What I mean is that I see guys whose technique is so awkward that even with more practice, they've handicapped themselves. You got off on the right foot many years ago and even with the layoff that you've spoken of, it shows.

I wish I could meet you and play some together. My sister lives near Chattanooga, TN and I never know when I can see her but you wouldn't be so far from there.

Thanks for all of your postings and sharing how your musical mind works.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Next

Return to Video Files