Young Thing cover (CHET ATKINS)- VIDEO

Watch and share videos from youtube

Young Thing cover (CHET ATKINS)- VIDEO

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:03 am

Hello everyone, Me and my friend Sergio we had fun trying to replicate (in our way, with many imperfections here and there) the beautiful song by Chet present in the 1994 studio album Read my lick, YOUNG THING.

Here we used my Fender Telecaster 52 reissue (pure vintage), attached in my Fender Twin Reverb and the LP Cajon signature Kevin Ricard.

https://youtu.be/-sCiuYoHEQs

Hope you like it.
Spadaro Paolo

Re: Young Thing cover (CHET ATKINS)- VIDEO

Postby DagerRande » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:31 am

Paolo, that was nice! You did a good job. I used to play that on my Stratocaster and it didn't seem like
the right guitar for that song but I'm glad to see you performing it on your Telecaster!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:00 am

Rande, I've never found a real use for the stratocaster, it sounds too thin !!!!
The telecaster, on the other hand, has full-bodied bass and a magical twang,
you can do jazz or country and for fingerpicking it's really diabolical !!!
For my musical tastes, the solidbodies I like best are Fender Telecaster and Gibson Les Paul Custom !!!!!

Grazie Rande!

Paolo.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby DagerRande » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Paolo, I think how "thin" the Stratocaster sounds depends upon the pickups you use and which sound system or amp that you are playing through. I had "Lace Sensor" pickups installed right after I bought mine and I play it through my Roland MicroCube plugged into my home sound system. You can listen to the two mp3's that I posted last week and today. If you listen through headphones, you can hear the fullness.
My experience with my Telecaster is the opposite of yours. I only use it for my "chiken pickin'" fills.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Paolo, you sounded great on this. Your playing was fine, too. I had a Tele years ago and I never got any tone out of mine close to what you got. I played songs like Buckaroo and other tele country songs...that bright bridge pickup tone. My first real good guitar was a Strat and I used it on Ventures songs, Fireball songs, The String-Alongs, and others like that...almost never used the bridge pickuo by itself. I wasn't playing finger style back then. I really enjoy your videos.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:57 am

Grazie Rande e Ray.

Rande, I listened to your songs, congratulations for your imagination and for the beautiful sound.
I interpose the Telecaster on my Twin Reverb, and that's it, I do not use pedals or other effects beyond the reverb of the amplifier.
In general, when I want to test any guitar, I am interfacing with my Twin Reverb, because it is a very transparent amplifier. By doing these tests, the stratocasters resulted with a smaller sound than all the others.
On my Tele using .11 string; in my opinion it is a dB higher than the layer.
The most "fat" electric I own are the Gibson L5 and the Gretsch 6122-59 after replacing the Supertron Tv jones with an original ‘64 vintage Gretsch.
From my experiences I recogy only a model of stratocaster that seemed really ok, a Vinetto ( Vince Cunetto).
To I forgot, on the gretsch use .13 string.

Ray, for the telecaster, tries to change amplifier;
I think it's better to have a good amp that a good guitar !!!
Of course if both are good is better !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spadaro Paolo

Return to Video Files