Tara's Theme

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Tara's Theme

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Well, here's one that is different for me. I bought the backing track online just to see what I could do with it. Norm suggested that I try this one a while back and although I was skeptical as to whether or not I could play it, after I tried it, there's no doubt about it. lol

Anyway, it is a beautiful song. I'm sorry I butchered it so badly. Chet would probably groan a time or two if he heard this one.

Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2011 is a happy, healthy and prosperous one for you all.

Richard

http://www.box.net/shared/zld5tqnlbs
Richard Hudson

Re: Tara's Theme

Postby Roger Pratt » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:42 pm

Richard , As usual you are way too self deprecating. You played it beautifully and with much feeling! Thanks!!!!
Roger Pratt

Postby Richard Hudson » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:08 pm

Happy New Year to you too, Roger. Thank you for the kind comment. It needs a lot of work, but I'll be working on it in the time ahead. I'm not real happy with the backing track, so I may try to come up with something different there. I would also like to take some of the edge off the tone and maybe the more I play, I can smooth it up more.

Most of the good recordings I have heard of that song, big bands, have played it in F. Chet played it in G so he could take advantage of a natural harmonic on the first note of each line, but this particular sound track was in Eb with a key change to E, which is a good key also. I think I would have changed the chord progressions a little, but maybe that is the way it is written. I'll have to check the little black blobs that go up and down if I ever see the sheet music.
Richard Hudson

Postby keener » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Very nice, Richard. Chet would have loved it, too.

I especially the little Floyd Cramer embellishments (the two string melodies with one string hammer). I always loved that on a slow song. Also loved the little bit of Duane Eddie you threw in ... it fit perfectly.

Bruce
keener

Postby Claude Duguay » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 am

Richard , very beautiful song , that you play so nicely my friend!
many thanks for sharing..
Claude
Claude Duguay

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:52 am

Thank you Claude. And, a belated thank you to Bruce. I appreciate you listening. Some of those movie theme songs are beautiful to listen to.

Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby boguy41 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Very nicely done, Richard! I enjoyed it very much...for a while, I could picture you at some "Arts Center Hall" with that beautiful backing...

Guy
Guy Beaudry
...the older I get, the better I was...
boguy41

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Thank you for the very nice comment, Guy. Sometimes I am ashamed because I neglected my guitar playing for so many years, but then when a beautiful song such as this one comes along, I almost forget about it. Even though I wish I could have played it better, I still am very grateful for what I can do. It would have been an incalculable thrill if I could have had the opportunity to meet my inspirational hero, Chet Atkins, and would have been granted the privilege to get to visit with him for just a minute or two, but that opportunity never came. However, God has granted me the honor of getting to spend precious few moments with Paul Yandell. He is a treasure indeed. Paul is so knowledgable that just a few words from him is worth more than volumes from ordinary souls.

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen.

Richard
Richard Hudson

Return to Audio files