Ron Thompson has passed away.

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Ron Thompson has passed away.

Postby Roger Pratt » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 pm

It is with more sadness that I report that another of our own has gone to be with God. Ron was a fine man and a great Chet lover. He was a fine picker in his own right and could play many styles but loved anything Chet Atkins. Ron always closed his posts on the CB and his emails with "Easy does it".
Easy does it Ron old buddy!
Roger Pratt

Re: Ron Thompson has passed away.

Postby RonBloor » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:45 am

Very sad day. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Thompson family.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby boguy41 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:04 am

...another loss for the CB, but a gain for the heavenly pickers...

Thoughts and Prayers to the Family...

Guy
Guy Beaudry
...the older I get, the better I was...
boguy41

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 am

My condolences to Ron's family. I remember getting to jam with him at the CAAS and how much he seemed to enjoy it.
Richard Hudson

Postby BillB » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:39 am

Even though I didn't have a chance to get to know Ron very well, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I was just looking a the group picture from my first visit to CAAS in 2006, and Ron is in that picture along with Jim "Pa" Cobble and Kenny Winkler. We are so fortunate to have this connection because of Chet and fingerstyle guitar. My prayers and condolences to Ron's family and those who were close to him. May he rest in peace.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Pam E » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Hey Roger, I know your heart is heavy, so sorry to hear of the passing of another picker and friend. I read Ron's post about his having the illness and was encouraged by his attitude. And, that is a great picture you posted under Dec. 28th of him, you and Kenny and TE. Wonderful memories! Take care.

Love, Pam E
Pam E

Postby Tompicks » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Very sorry to hear another devoted Chet fan has passed away, my sincere condolences to Ron's family.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:46 pm

I just wanted to say again what admiration I now have for Tommy Emmanuel calling Ron Thompson shortly before his passing. When I talked to Ron a couple of weeks ago he was so thrilled that Tommy had taken the time to call him and offer support and encouragement to him in his hour of need. I ask you just how many of today's stars and heroes would take a minute of their time to do such a thing. I salute you Tommy! You make me very proud!
Roger Pratt

Return to Announcement and News