Orange Blossom Special for Paul or anyone who might know

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Orange Blossom Special for Paul or anyone who might know

Postby Terry Tolley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:14 pm

There is a wonderful arrangement of The Orange Blossom Special on Youtube that I was wondering about. The parts that Chet does are, I'm fairly certain must be of his own invention. Was it Chet's idea to record this song again? I was also wondering about the parts that Paul Yandell and Terry McMillan had that fit in so well with everything else that Chet was doing. Paul, I was wondering if you recall whether you and Terry come up with your own parts, or did they develop as a collaborative effort from everyone's input? I have listened to it so many times, I lost count, and that arrangement always keeps me spellbound from start to finish. regardless of how much I watch or listen to it. This video has been around for a long time, and I'm sure I don't need to post it again since everyone must have seen it by now. but I have wondered about this for a long time, and have been too lazy to ask.
Terry Tolley

Re: Orange Blossom Special for Paul or anyone who might know

Postby Paul Yandell » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Chet and I worked up that arrg he ask me to write a section for it Terry did his own thing it's one of the best things he ever did, thanks paul
Paul Yandell

Postby Terry Tolley » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:50 am

Paul, thanks so much for the info! To me, that arrangement is just timeless! Each section of is just so captivating to listen to and watch that I end up playing it about 9 or 10 times before I even realize it, and say, "Wow!" every time. Just awesome!
Terry Tolley

Postby RandeDager » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:10 am

Terry, I believe that Chet is the only person who could have performed that so smoothly and with the calmness that looks like he is within minutes of taking a nap.......lol.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins