Kenny Winkler

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Kenny Winkler

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that my good friend Kenny has gone to be with God. He passed away yesterday at home and his remains will be cremated. There will be a celebration of Kenny's life from 2 - 4 PM Saturday the 8th of January 2011 at the Marshall-Donnelly-Combs Funeral Home, 201 25th Ave., Nashville, TN. Kenny was a good and true friend and loved Chet Atkins and Paul Yandell. I will never forget him. Rest in Peace Kenny.
Roger Pratt

Re: Kenny Winkler

Postby Richard Hudson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:31 pm

Kenny Winkler was a good guy. I always enjoyed being around him and as Roger mentioned his loyalty to Chet and Paul was without question. Rest in peace, my friend. It's been a long, hard battle.
Richard Hudson

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Sorry to hear about Kenny's passing. He was always really friendly to me when I would go to CAAS. He loved fine guitars & equipment. He used to email me when he got something new. Before he became sick he was a regular here on the Chetboard. We will miss him. My prayers go out for his family.
guitarchuck

Postby Gary Smith » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Sorry to hear of Kenny's passing. He's been a regular here from way back, he will be missed. May his family find the peace of mind and heart to help the over the sorrow of their loss. May the blessings be.

gary and diana
Gary Smith

Postby BillB » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm really sad about this, but I know Kenny is no longer suffering. I've said it before, but I first met Kenny when he came down to visit at one of our Texas Fingerstyle Guitar Assoc. meetings. Within a few minutes, it seemed like we'd been friends for years. Just a great guy, and he'll surely be missed by those who knew and loved him.

Rest in Peace, my friend!

Bill Bailey
BillB

Postby Roger Hardin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:04 am

Kenny ask me to play for his wife a few years ago before she passed away and I spent most of that day visiting with him. He wanted to show me Chet's house and where Chet played golf so he drove me around and of course we went back to Kenny's place and did some picking. One of the things that jumped out at me was his admiration for Paul Yandell. Kenny thought the world of Paul. I enjoyed the time I got to spend with Kenny and am very sad to hear this news
Roger Hardin

Postby Paul Yandell » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Kenny was a good friend of mine we used to have lunch at Demos every 2 weeks he was a very interesting fellow to talk to and he love Chet with all his heart, Kenny had a tough last 2 years but he's in a better place free of pain we all lost a good friend, paul
Paul Yandell

Postby albertgen » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Very sorry to hear about this, Kenny was a good friend, so sad. Al
albertgen

Return to Announcement and News