Anyone own a Heritage Super Eagle ?

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Anyone own a Heritage Super Eagle ?

Postby Larry Lenhart » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:05 pm

I have been looking around for a Heritage Super Eagle...there arent many out there, so far,,,,and I was curious if anyone on the forum owned one and what their opinion is. They supposedly are Heritage's version of the Gibson super 400,,,which is out of my price range. I want the double pickup version....i know that they made one for Hank Thompson, but of course I am sure that was above and beyond the ones you would find in a shop. Thanks again for any input. Happy New Year to all !
Larry Lenhart

Re: Anyone own a Heritage Super Eagle ?

Postby P Van Ness » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi, I didn't have the Super Eagle, but had a "Custom" Golden Eagle, which was the L5 version. The Custom meaning that it had 2 humbuckers and was set up as the L5 CES. I maintained, and still do, that the Heritage is more Gibson than Gibson's today. Other than the ugly headstock(my opinion only), it was every bit an L5 in playability,appearance, workmanship, and sound. I bought it new in 1992 and unfortunatly it disappeared in an ugly divorce. Unless you're very lucky, you probably won't find one with two pick ups, as they were usually on custom order only. Good luck on your quest to find one. You won't be disappointed with any of the Heritage guitars.
P Van Ness

Postby George Beasley » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:52 pm

There is one on gbase for $2,995.

http://www.gbase.com/gear/heritage-supe ... 4ad77002,0

I have a 1995 Golden Eagle....great playing guitar. For acoustic arch top rhythm sound, I would put it up against any archtop.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby Larry Lenhart » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Yep, thats the one I have been looking at....just havent pulled the trigger yet....I really should sell a Larivee guitar and a Deering banjo before I buy it...so the timing isnt quite right,,,but they dont seem to come up often. Thanks for the input.
Larry Lenhart

Return to Guitars and Equipment