My First Anniversary of YouTubing

Watch and share videos from youtube

My First Anniversary of YouTubing

Postby keener » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:17 am

Ron Bloor mentioned in a separate post that he had been watching me on youtube for a couple of years, and it got me to thinking "have I been doing that for 2 years?"

Well, it probably seems like it because I've done 43 videos so far. I never envisioned myself doing more than a handful.

Anyway, turns out that my first youtube was performed and posted to the ChetBoards exactly one year ago today. I decided to do it then because it had been almost 8 months since I had picked and I didn't want the year to end that way. (So I warmed up for a few hours and then recorded my first youtube.)

I think that, despite the one huge mistake near the end of it, this was probably my best youtube: Windy and Warm performed in A minor with a D tuning. I hope you enjoy:

If nothing else, you'll get a chuckle out of my mistake. (I remember making the video ... I tried about a half-dozen times, and kept making mistakes, and finally said to heck with it.)
keener

Re: My First Anniversary of YouTubing

Postby stambi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:45 am

Thank you for windy and warm. I like to hear it (It's windy and cold here in my country). Little mistakes reminds us that we are only humans. Happy new year.
Boris Stambuk
stambi

Postby Billy Anderson » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:29 pm

Bruce, Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year! I hope one of your resolutions is to post as much as possible. As Chet told Merle on their album, I really do like to hear you play. Please keep 'em coming. KOPAP. Billy
Billy Anderson

Postby keener » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Boris, Jack, and Billy: thank you all, very much, and may your new year be full of blessings!

Bruce
keener

Postby bill_h » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:12 pm

Well it's been a good year for anyone who's been following your postings Bruce. I've always assumed that those rare mistakes were intentional. Play it twice and it won't sound like a mistake!

Happy New Year and I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be hoping for another year of Bruce Keener videos!
bill_h

Postby keener » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:34 am

Thank you, Bill. Makes me feel good.

I hope 2011 is great for you!

Bruce
keener

Postby David Elliott » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi Bruce,

That's one of the most 'interesting' arrangements of W@W I've ever heard, (and there's a lot of them out there.)
I really like it! You can really hear the Jerry Reed influence in there!

David
David Elliott

Postby keener » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks David.

Windy and Warm was the first tune I ever learned. So, over the years, I've probably played it dozens of different ways. This video is probably my favorite of my arrangements of it, though. Guess I should have fleshed out the whole tune, but I played all I wanted to play of it.
keener

Return to Video Files