Vocal - All For The Love Of A Girl

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Vocal - All For The Love Of A Girl

Postby rhudson » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:54 am

Johnny Horton was, in my opinion, one of the great country singers. Johnny was one of those singers that just stood in front of the mic and sang every note true and to its fullest. Although this is not Chet related, my desire to play and sing are there largely because of my deep admiration and respect for him. Chet lit a fire in me as a young man that will never go out until I go to meet my maker.

This is a beautiful song. Certainly nowhere near Johnny Horton's abilities, but the beauty of the song comes through. I appreciate you taking the time to listen.

Richard

http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=1361147&T=4991
rhudson

Re: Vocal - All For The Love Of A Girl

Postby Carl Martin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:40 am

Great tune and great performance Richard.
Carl Martin

Postby RonBloor » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:09 am

Hi Richard... I listened to your "All For The Love Of A Girl" first thing this morning... I then listened to Johnny Horton's version. Then I had breakfast... This isn't a diary of my day :).. Anyway, I just couldn't get your version out of my head. Johnny Horton may have had the hit, but your version is a masterpiece. IMHO.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Roger Pratt » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Gosh Richard......I don't remember when I enjoyed a song more that wasn't a gospel song. Wonderful singing and tasteful guitar work. It doesn't get any better my friend!
Roger Pratt

Postby rhudson » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 am

My sincere thanks to all who listened. My apologies if I was out of line in posting my vocal work since this is the Chetboard, and Chet was primarily an instrumentalist. Not that the Chetboard in itself is anything sacred, but I hope everyone understands that I would never do anything intentionally to reflect negatively on the legacy of Chet Atkins. Quite to the contrary, anything I can do to keep his legacy alive, I will do. Chet was always bigger than life to me. Anything he said or did, or played was always something to which I looked forward.

Incidentally, the "new posts" function is the one I use everytime I click on the Chetboard. That tells me all the posts that have been made since the last time I was here.

Here's another little ditty I put together. I clipped the guitar in a couple of places, but...http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=1361325&T=8612

Thanks,

Richard
rhudson

Postby Bill Patrick » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:34 am

Very nice Richard , i liked it a lot buddy. Bill.
Bill Patrick

Return to Audio files