Chester and Lester album

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chester and Lester album

Postby rhirvine » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:32 pm

I bought that album on vinyl when it first came out but I sure don't remember this tune "the world is waiting for the sunrise" being on it but on youtube I came across it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_1z6_r ... t&index=11

Maybe it didn't make the cut on vinyl but there was more room on a CD release of the Chester and Lester album.
rhirvine

Re: Chester and Lester album

Postby Doug Working » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:14 pm

I believe it was on the album.

If I'm incorrect, then I'll stand corrected.
Doug Working

Postby headgremlin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:00 pm

FYI,

The song "The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise" was not issued on the Chester & Lester LP. It was issued on a CD on the RCA Nashville/Legacy Label as a bonus song, along with the three other Bonus songs: "You Brought A New Kind Of Love", Caravan (Alternate Version) and "Medley: Moonglow/Picnic (Theme From "Picnic") (Rehearsal Version). I hope this explains the songs existence.

I hope this helps.

Jere Uncapher
headgremlin

Postby Doug Working » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:08 am

My memory of Chet's albums is not too bad, but in this case I do stand corrected. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Doug
Doug Working

Postby LMark » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 am

RH, thanks for posting this! LMark
LMark

Postby rhirvine » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm

thanks guys for helping me out on the great Chester and Lester album. I never tried to learn any of the songs. I just listened to it many many times over the years.

Rich
rhirvine

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Interesting how "they" re-released things. It's not on the Chester & Lester "Twofer" CD I bought at the convention years ago, either.

I have, however, managed to figure a little bit of a few of those tunes: "Medication" is one of my favs... Er, "Meditation." In fact, I spent what seemed like a month figuring out how to "borrow" Les' "comp" lines behind Chet's melody off somebody's Tabledit file as MIDI and injecting it into my Band-in-da-Box as a "keyboard." And, it was (is) really neat... In fact, JD and I were playing an outside-in-a-tent gig with our keyboard buddy, Jerry Cummings, (both are gone, now - DAMN) the first (and, only) time I tried BIAB with those guys live. Everybody was coming up telling Jerry what a great job he did behind me. LOL (Was he annoyed? A LITTLE! In fact, that was the last time I used BIAB with them. "Learned..... my lesson - well.")

You mean you guys have never tried It's Been a Long Long Time? Lot's of fun. Deed I Used To? Caravan? Moonglow? I could never get "the circle" to play the correct chords to Someday Sweetheart (especially JD) - but, I'm not giving up on them. Now that I can yell out the chords to my toons whilst I'm a pickin' them - I'm going to take another whack at it tonight at our Tues Night Club Jam...
Pickin Palmer

Postby Doug Working » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:09 pm

I'm always trying to learn Chet tunes...some of them not too easy. But I think I've met my match. I get cold feet trying to even just think of trying those brilliant arrangements on the Chester/Lester albums. Got to know your limits.
Doug Working

Postby Pickin Palmer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:11 am

My opinion (needn't be yers) is that I "get" as much as I can to be personally satisfied. It's NEVER as much or exactly what Chet, Les, Lenny, or whomever can play... I'd like it to be - but have to face the facts, "It is - what it is." They are the pros with the extra talent that gave me something to "aim at." Thousands of useless hours wasted on never becoming Chet - but, I'm happy. LOL

Keep on pickin'
Pickin Palmer

Postby Doug Working » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:39 pm

I have to 100% concur. God knows how many thousands of hours have found me hunched over the fingerboard, sore hands, sore fingers, ever trying, but "never becomng Chet", lol. (Not quite!) But with all but two of Chet's records in my collection, there seems to be an infinite selection of Chet tunes to shoot for, so I say shoot for the stars. With his 1000 plus released cuts, the man was an infinite talent, with seemingly infinite skill and imagination.

Doggone it, we can't be Chet, because we ain't! But oh, how we love to try!!

I want to say that what Chet accomplished was seemingly impossible for one human being. Close to 100 albums ...well over 1000 cuts... seems to me it should have taken one man TEN LIFETIMES to master all that! Incredible! There's not much natural explanation, except "God hath layed His hand upon his brow."

Doug
Last edited by Doug Working on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doug Working

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins