Bill Patrick

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Bill Patrick

Postby lakepikr » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Hello all, ...... just wondering if Roger, or anyone else knows how Bill Patrick is doing.

He's such a great man, who just happens to be a heck of a guitar player .

I hope the best for him.

bill
lakepikr

Re: Bill Patrick

Postby Roger_Pratt » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Bill is still in pretty rough shape. He is in a rehab home in his home town of Henderson, Tn. I talked to him recently and he said he was having a rare good day. He cannot taste food and his vision is failing. He needs our daily prayers for his healing.
Roger_Pratt

Postby DagerRande » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Roger, I remember meeting Bill in 2007 at my first TFGA meeting when Len Collins was in charge. He was very reserved and hesitant to perform but his YouTube videos showed everyone how good he was. Is this rehab facility a temporary situation?
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Roger_Pratt » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi Rande....I've known Bill for near 15 years now and I've never seen him perform in front of an audience. I heard from old friends of his that he used to rarely but he would. No I don't think the home is temporary. I believe it will be some sort of facility from this point on. Bill is a wonderful person and I love him like a brother.
Roger_Pratt

Postby DagerRande » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:01 am

Hi Roger,
That's sad news about Bill. I was sort of expecting your answer about him being in that facility. I was just thinking that it won't be too long until you've also known me for 15 years and have also never seen me perform in front of an audience but as you know, that's for a different reason. We'll see what happens at CAAS next month, providing I can have my classes covered. I'm glad that Bill put those videos on YouTube. They will help to preserve his legacy.

Rande
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Announcement and News