chet videos

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

chet videos

Postby Roger Crews » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:25 pm

I thank the good lord for youtube . because of this I have had great pleasure watching videos of things i never dreamed of getting to see.
As well as videos I didn't know even existed .
i have a challenge / request of you guys who have these treasure.
I can remember when i wore a younger mans clothes , of watching Chet on tv and was totally blown a way by his performance of a song I later learn t to play . A lot of times if i can see it i can fake it later . but there was a twist that tore me up completely and it took me a while to get over it . you see the thing that happened ,they had recorded Chet playing the song on 3 different guitars and he play harmony with him self . imagine trying to watch Chet playing 3 guitars in the same video . wow . I believe the song was winter walking , but not completely sure . hope somebody has this one

I think the guitars used were his country gent , the super chet and the super axe
Roger Crews

Re: chet videos

Postby craigdobbins » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Roger-

I don't have a copy, but I remember the performance you mentioned. I think it was maybe on the Today Show, in the mid/late 1970's. I definitely remember the three guitars in harmony.

Craig
craigdobbins

Postby guitarchuck » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:44 am

I posted a YouTube link to this on the old Chetboard. Unfortunately the person that posted it is no longer a YouTube member. I had it on my hard drive, but it crashed sometime back and I didn't have it backed up. The name of the video on YouTube was "Three Part Guitar". I'm sure someone here on the Chetboard must have put it on their hard drive. You are correct, Roger, about the guitars that Chet used on the video and yes it was Winter Walkin'.
guitarchuck

Postby guitarchuck » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:58 am

Roger, I found the video! I just posted the link on the Video section of this board. It's no longer on YouTube, but it's still out there in internet land. I've noticed that many things that get posted on Youtube show up on many other sites. I'm glad it's still around. It's a really cool video even though the video quality isn't the best.
guitarchuck

Return to Announcement and News