Little Chet Trivia For Ya', Here

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Little Chet Trivia For Ya', Here

Postby Doug Working » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:51 pm

My brother seems to have a better memory than me!

He reminded me of snme Chet trivia, today, that I had apparently shared with him ages ago, but I had long forgotten. And believe me, I am a Golconda of Chet trivia.

Anyway, he reminded me that I had once told him that when Chet flew, he had his own seat, AND the seat he reserved solely for his guitar. So that beautiful instrument was constantly in his loving view.

What I'd like to know, is can anybody here confirm that for me? Obviously, if I told it to my brother years ago, I would not have fabricated it, and would have read it myself SOMEWHERE. And I have no memory of WHERE.

But I had forgotten it till my brother reminded me.

So put on your Chet hats and dig deep in memory lane and if you can confirm this trivia, I would appreciate it.

Knowing how much Chet treasured his guitar, the veracity of this would not surprise me one bit.

Doug
Doug Working

Re: Little Chet Trivia For Ya', Here

Postby Norm » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:31 am

if you would read my book you would see Paul said he never did this. He had custom made shipping cases

Chet was very frugal
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Doug Working » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Thank you for setting me straight. I will be overjoyed to read your book. Or ANY book on Chet, for that matter! Didn't know about it. Please tell me where I can get it.

Doug
Doug Working

Postby Norm » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:06 pm

amazon, for one, has them

Paul Yandell, Second To The Best

it is available at many book vendors

just do a search for that title
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Tom Workman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Norm, my daughter got me your book on Paul for Christmas a year ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There are places in it that made me chuckle out loud and places in it that put the proverbial lump in my throat. Very informative, indeed and it provided a lot of insight. One of my regrets is that I never got to meet him and Chet or even make it to one of their concerts. Oh, well that's on me. I hope 2018 is good to you as well as everyone else on this board. Regards, Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby Doug Working » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Thanks for the tips!
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins