34th CAAS Convention July 11-14, 2018

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

34th CAAS Convention July 11-14, 2018

Postby markp » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:15 am

Dear CAAS members and all Chetboard members:

After months of study and talks with the staff at the Sheraton I have just signed the contract and the 34th annual convention will take place July 11-14, 2018. The positive feedback from the attendees was a huge factor in going forward with 2018. I am excited to get the word out and to continue preparations for another year. Thanks to everyone who attended this past July and to those of you who stayed at the Sheraton. The room quota was successfully filled and I am confident it will be full again next July. As you know, the Sheraton is the best place to be staying so go ahead and make your reservations early, by calling 615-885-2200 and asking for reservations and give them the dates and tell them you are coming to the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society Convention. The lineup will be similar to this past year and I am working on that now. Issue 91 of the Mister Guitar Journal is in the works, so be sure to check your last issue for the expiration number by your name and see that you are up to date. And if you have moved, please email me your new address. You don't want to miss them one!! I will stay in touch, and I really appreciate your support!! Thanks, Mark Pritcher, president of the CAAS. gmpjr1@aol.com
markp

Re: 34th CAAS Convention July 11-14, 2018

Postby DagerRande » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:01 am

Thank you, Mark! That is a relief!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby rickr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 am

With all respect to dr. Mark Pritchar and the work he's been putting in to the Chet Atkins Appreciation for so many years, i see a blessing and a curse to this...while the good news is the annual meetings will continue. For me, the very bad news is they will continue at the Sheridan. Dr. Mark has missed an opportunity to move this convention from the tired, Haggard ,Old Sheridan, to a new venue which would add a shot of adrenaline into the annual meeting. Of course there are things I probably do not know, for instance dr. Mark may have tried to find another hotel to meet at, yet could not work out an appropriate deal in a location that could facilitate our meeting. But I think the Sheridan has seen its Better Days for us and a new location would serve to boost attendance and attitude. This is only my opinion, usual disclaimers apply
Rickr
rickr

Postby LMark » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:31 pm

I've occasionally taken time to reflect on just how much time, effort, and energy must be involved behind the scenes in this great venture. Having been involved in much, much smaller efforts of this sort, it's mind-boggling to me. Thank you, Mark, for making this opportunity available to us. I hope to make it this year. LMark
LMark

Postby Roger Pratt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Rick I disagree with you on all counts! The Sheraton is a great venue and fills our needs nicely! I commend Dr Mark for his tireless efforts to provide us with the very best in his power and I thank him and his staff for all the work they do. As the great philosopher Phil Robertson would say: "Happy Happy Happy"!!!
Roger Pratt

Postby rickr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:50 pm

I agree with Rodger Pratt about Dr. Marks tireless Devotion to making the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society work so well. I still disagree about the Music City Sheraton. They have limited access to the lounge, put in a piano player to discourage jamming, consistently wheeled in overpriced junk food. In my opinion they have not regarded CAAS very respectfully! A new hotel would be a definite shot in the arm for attendance.. Okay this is only my opinion, usual disclaimers apply
rickr

Postby DagerRande » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:08 pm

In the discussion I heard this Summer, it sounded that the Sheraton was chosen because of how it's laid out. I don't know enough about the requirements and what the other possible venues lack?
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Chuck » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:34 pm

I am thrilled it is on for next summer, and have nothing but thanks for Dr. Mark
Chuck

Postby Carl Martin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:03 pm

I am very happy to see the convention continue. I just hope I'll be able to join you next year. My wife has a brain tumor and the outlook isn't very encouraging at this time. When I missed last year, I realized how much I missed seeing and hearing my friends. Congratulations Mark and Carol!!!
Carl Martin

Postby DagerRande » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Carl, it would be nice to see you again. I need to spend another 5 or 6 consecutive hours on your Sand guitar! I'm wishing the best for your wife's situation.
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Next

Return to Announcement and News