New Guitar

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

New Guitar

Postby John A » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:51 pm

I will be purchasing a new Gretsch 6122-1959 in Jan.

My question is: (I know I will have to pay for the product to be added) but will a reputable Gretsch dealer change the bridge to the Tru-Ark or will that make their product 'null' and 'void' of any kind of warranties on the guitar?

I need some good dealers that will work with you on the guitar. Suggestions?

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks,

John
John A

Re: New Guitar

Postby craigdobbins » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:23 pm

John-

You won't need a dealer or a tech to install the TruArc. It retrofits the standard bar bridge assembly that comes on the CG. Just loosen the strings (no need to take them completely off), lift the bar bridge off of the wooden base, and replace it with the TruArc. It will slip right on, and that's all there is to it.

As far as adjustments, you may need to raise/lower the thumbwheels on the base of the bridge to get the action where you like it, but that's it.

Craig
craigdobbins

Postby Vidar Lund » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:36 pm

"... will that make their product 'null' and 'void' of any kind of warranties on the guitar?". Not if you keep the original bridge and replace it before you need warranty work done. A guitar will almost always need some tinkering like raising or lowering the action or other minor adjustments when it´s new.
Vidar Lund

Postby thenorm » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Most guitars would benefit from a "setup" by a qualified repair guy/ Very often the nut in particular is not as well slotted as it could be even on a zero fret guitar like the Chet seiries of Gretsch guitars. A seup wouldn't violate the warranty either. Abuse of the truss rod or serious modification might. But a Tru-Arc is, as already noted, a simple drop on item and the guitar can be instantly restored to original conition simply by putting the old bridge back on.
thenorm

Return to Guitars and Equipment