Buddy Rich interview

Watch and share videos from youtube

Buddy Rich interview

Postby EdNilo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:47 pm

I've always been a Buddy Rich fan. I really like watching old videos of him playing. I ran across this video today. Buddy is on the Mike Douglas show and the subject of country music comes. I was shocked when I heard his comments. His country music comments start at 13:50.
EdNilo

Re: Buddy Rich interview

Postby EdNilo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Here's the link to the Buddy Rich video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g67-LyG6JBY
EdNilo

Postby DagerRande » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:34 am

I watched the entire clip. I understand what he is saying in general when it comes to musical sophistication and complexity, but country music in my mind is more about story telling with sometimes interesting music for enhancement. However, he needs to hear a LOT more of Chet than he obviously has not!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Joe Diamond » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Buddy Rich was TOO good (in his own mind) for other people. One time my drummer asked Buddy how he played a certain roll and he got mad and walked off the stage. NOBODY is that good.
Joe Diamond

Postby Tom Workman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:06 pm

I agree with Joe Diamond. I remember many years ago back in my "band days" that so many players seemed overly concerned with who they were "better than" and when they encountered someone better than themselves, their reaction would be to get irritated or resentful about it. Everyone was so busy tripping over their egos. I though it to be so silly and childish. I prefer being the least talented picker in the room... that way I can learn something new! Talent and humility make for a great combination. Regards, Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby kwarren » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:44 pm

Chet Atkins, Glen Campbell, and country music have more talent, humility and class than Buddy Rich could muster up in 10 lifetimes!
kwarren

Postby gmoseley » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:40 am

I have a good friend who is a fine drummer and worked around the circuit in Nashville for many years. He crossed paths with many famous people, Buddy Rich being one of them. He said Buddy always had the same attitude,,me, me and only me,, I am the greatest thing since sliced bread. My friend said he was a First Class A-hole always looking to cut somebody else down while he promoted himself.
gmoseley

Return to Video Files