Chet's original version of "Smokey Mountain Lullaby"

Watch and share videos from youtube

Chet's original version of "Smokey Mountain Lullaby"

Postby KatelynP » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 am

Hope everyone here on the Chetboard is doing well! It's been awhile since I last posted :shock:

I thought some of you would enjoy this since it's not an arrangement heard very often. I wasn't aware Chet had done the instrumental backing for the Amy Grant audio book, "The Gingham Dog and The Calico Cat," so when I found out, I made sure to poke around the internet and find myself a copy! I was especially glad his original version of "Smokey Mountain Lullaby" was on there as well because I've always been curious about how Chet originally intended for it to sound before recording it with Tommy. There are definitely some obvious differences, most surprising for me being that the album liner said Chet recorded it on acoustic guitar, and that there is a beautiful single note section about halfway through.

Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDBkR8E5Ps
Katelyn
KatelynP

Re: Chet's original version of "Smokey Mountain Lullaby"

Postby DagerRande » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:49 pm

Kaitlyn, I already complimented you on this on FaceBook, but I agree that it's a good idea to post it here too. I just wish we had the large numbers of participants here that we used to have!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby MrAstro » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Love your playing and it was a beautiful rendition.

Like Rande, I also made sure I posted on Youtube and Facebook when you posted your performance there. I'm also really glad you post here.
MrAstro

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Katelyn, this was a great version. You play with such a nice touch. I admire the video quality, too...getting those synced up is probably a real chore. Thanks for posting it.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to Video Files