Christmas Medley

Watch and share videos from youtube

Christmas Medley

Postby Art Sims » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Haven't been here for a while but wanted to say Merry Christmas with a medley. I played these songs with the camcorder going then added some bass notes with a keyboard. Listening closely, players on this board will detect a bit of a glitch here or there. Sorry about that. With time running short to get something up during this week before Christmas, didn't do multiple takes or punch-ins, so it is what it is. But enjoyed doing it. It's been said that a “medley” is when you “meddle” with melodies and string them together. Fun to do. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuAWL2VRF0o
Art Sims
Art Sims

Re: Christmas Medley

Postby DagerRande » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Art, that was nice! You sure packed a lot of songs into that medley! I'm wondering, do you always wear your thumbpick that far back? I couldn't do it. Thanks again!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Chuck » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 pm

Art I really enjoyed that and helped put me in the Christmas spirit, thank you sir!
Chuck/Cincinnati
Chuck

Postby Tom Workman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Art, that was great. I especially liked the ending... very creative. Thanks, Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:26 am

Art, mighty fine work there Sir! Always appreciate your work. Thanks!
Roger Pratt

Postby Harold Payne » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:17 am

Very nicely done Art, your music reveals the true meaning of Christmas. Thanks for sharing and keep the tunes coming. Merry Christmas and happy New Year from Birmingham Al. Harold Payne UGP (Uncertified Guitar Player)
Harold Payne

Postby Art Sims » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi Rande
I do wear the band of the pick that far back but what I'm using isn't a normal thumbpick. Looking at the very end of the video, I see that when I lift my hand, you can see the underside of the thumb and that there's a flatpick involved, which is farther out toward the tip of the thumb than the band around the thumb. You are a keen observer.
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby Art Sims » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Thanks everyone for these great comments of encouragement. Christmas songs about our Lord are especially enjoyable to me. I'm so glad for God's great mercy through His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, toward all people who will have it. What a great reminder the songs of Christmas are!
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby DagerRande » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Art, my typical comments have to do with technique, equipment, etc. I can figure out the music but any little detail I can pick up to help me play better, I'm always looking for. Your explanation was very interesting. Thanks!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby LMark » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks for your Christmas gift to us, Art. I've got it on "loop." Merry Christmas! LMark
LMark

Next

Return to Video Files