Chet music for Allstate Esurance

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Chet music for Allstate Esurance

Postby PaulBennett » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Having TIVO I don't watch but the first 2 seconds of commercials, except for two and funnily there both some kind of insurance. "What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm?" and the noname company with Chet's beautiful song. The squealing pig is so obnoxious it raises my blood pressure and I can't press the forward button fast enough. At least I think it's a pig...no telling.
PaulBennett

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:06 pm

I was watching the remarkableJeremy Lin & NY Nicks play Dallas in basketball and the Esurance commercial came on with Chet playing "Jam Man". I enjoyed every second of it and wanted more when the commercial abruptly ended after 30 seconds or so. It is not often that I want to see more of a commercial. I hope non-Chet fans enjoy the song as much as me. If so, then Esurance has certainly made a good choice. I wonder how the selection of Chet's recording came about anyway?

Thanks,
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby BlueTrombone » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:59 pm

I love this tune and applaud its use; but the edit used on air is terrible!
BlueTrombone

Postby synchro » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:10 am

BlueTrombone wrote:I love this tune and applaud its use; but the edit used on air is terrible!

A bad edit of a Chet tune is still better than average music. :)
synchro

Postby DagerRande » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:10 pm

I would have preferred a different choice that was more impressive, but then I have to remember the intended audience!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby synchro » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:17 pm

DagerRande wrote:I would have preferred a different choice that was more impressive, but then I have to remember the intended audience!

For sure. But at least people are hearing the possibility of finely crafted guitar music, even if the cut is not the best. My father probably was introduced to Chet from AM radio, and that's why he bought a Chet record. I heard that album on a portable record player back in the early '60s and got the bug. If they hear it they will come. :)
synchro

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins