FAREWELL TO GEORGE LUNN crm

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

FAREWELL TO GEORGE LUNN crm

Postby DWolfram » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:31 pm

George Lunn (certified road manager) passed away Saturday October 22. George was Chet's long time road manager. He was a good one. He made sure the show would go on. He took care of Chet in ever way and the band too.
I credit George for being instrumental in me getting to know Chet personally. Back in 1981 George caught me and Robert Henry sneaking around the venue hoping to catch the sound check of a Chet concert. After checking us out I think George realized we were crazy...... but harmless.
From then on we didn't have to sneak in. Pretty soon we were running errands for George...getting strings, tuners, batteries, gaff tape, whatever. We often would have breakfast with Chet the morning after a concert. Then we starting meeting Chet and the band at the airport. Sometimes he would ask us for a ride to his hotel or the concert hall. A few times George asked me to drive Chet and the band from the hotel to the concert. I did but was sweating all the way. I could go on forever with all the Chet memories, thanks to George.
If you ever met George you knew you had a friend.
When Chet quit performing George took on a securtiy guard job. But his health began to decline, he lost his home in the great real estate bust and then his dear wife, Betty,passed on.
Robert and I kept in touch with George over the years. We visited him at his retirement home together and individually. He loved peanut butter crackers so we made sure to mail or bring him a case of those goodies every now and then.
RIP George

David
DWolfram

"Plugger" - Re: FAREWELL TO GEORGE LUNN crm

Postby Tompicks » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Rest in peace Plugger
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Re: FAREWELL TO GEORGE LUNN crm

Postby DagerRande » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:34 am

I met George on several occasions in the 80's when I was spending time with Tommy Jones in Nashville and we'd go to Chet's office once in awhile. George was also with Boots Randolph for awhile and Tommy was with Boots part of that time and I got tickets through George to Boots' show. George was always nice to me the few times I talked to him. He was a very important person behind the scenes.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins