New Chet-Inspired Recording Project

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

New Chet-Inspired Recording Project

Postby albdamned » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:03 pm

A couple of years ago (and after many other years of playing Chet's material) I began arranging tunes for fingerstyle guitar and recording a very Chet inspired EP, Doctor Chris "Picks the Underground." I am almost ready to release my project as tracking and mixing is complete. At this stage I'm saving up some dough to pay for mastering. In the meantime I paid licensing fees to stream my tunes and I am currently previewing one track from the project here:

https://soundcloud.com/doctorchrispicks/welcome-to-the-theatron-animatronique-beta-release

I selected some pretty odd, non-traditional tunes and I'm going for a sort of Chet "Goes to the Drive In" feel. You may not recognize most of the tunes I picked except for a version of "Odd Folks of Ocracoke" which I twisted a little with some theremin accompaniment by Thomas Grillo.

If you want to keep up with future developments follow me on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/doctorchrispicks

When I have some time I'll post some YouTube video (beginning with the linked track) performances.

Cheers,

Chris
albdamned

Re: New Chet-Inspired Recording Project

Postby MrAstro » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Wow - what a great tune - great playing too!

It's funny but I also have Moog Theremin. They are a bit of fun!
MrAstro

Postby albdamned » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Thanks!

I have a Paia theremin I built and one of those new moog theremins with the built in tuner. I can't play either of them! I found Thomas Grillo on YouTube. He's one of the few that one may regard as a pro player and he sounds amazing. When I try playing it sounds pretty awful. It is certainly a formidable instrument. I wanted a bowed saw player but I couldn't find one - imagine that.
albdamned

Postby albdamned » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:21 pm

I'm finally finished with this project and will post order details in a new post.
albdamned

Return to Guitars and Equipment