Pat Donohue

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Pat Donohue

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:39 am

My wife and I and a buddy went to a Pat Donohue concert sponsored by the Tidewater Friends of Acoustic Music this evening and had the best time. Pat was having fun playing and singing some great songs...his usual funny songs like "Would You Like To Play The Guitar", a new song about his feelings toward exercise, and some great instrumental work accompanying himself. He played some Blind Blake and some Chet Atkins instrumentals and a lot of blues, plus a great version of Georgia and his own take on songs. He had a great observation in his song on exercise that sort of goes with my thinking..."I realized that I hate to exercise". He played some slide guitar, too. It was a nice evening.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Re: Pat Donohue

Postby DagerRande » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:43 am

I remember Pat at one of the CAAS conventions about 25 years ago playing the theme to "Peter Gunn". He did a number of tricky arrangements. This was before his time with "Prairie Home Companion" and was the first time I had ever heard of him. The performance you saw sounds interesting, Ray! Thanks for the report!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby rhirvine » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:22 am

I got to see and hear him perform at The Coffee Gallery Backstage in Altadena, CA. It was worth it. Great show.

Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby dgallent » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:34 pm

He was at CAAS about ten years ago also. I met him there. Really nice guy and a monster picker.

It took a lot of guts to quit PHC and do his own thing.

Just wish him all the best. Very talented guy who can pick, sing and tell great stories.

DG
dgallent

Return to Announcement and News