A CGP for sale at Guitar Center

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:44 pm

They have what looks like a good deal on a CGP at Guitar Center.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gretsc ... 2377786.gc

I posted a link to one like this recently, so it could be the same one and it was returned for some reason. Worth checking on.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Re: A CGP for sale at Guitar Center

Postby DagerRande » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:40 am

Pretty guitar but I've played them and I personally prefer the specs of 6122-1959 and I especially like the HOF model!

However, I know that Eddie Estes loves his CGP!

Thanks for helping people to be aware of this though, Ray!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:59 pm

I have a Nashville Classic that I enjoy playing...not an HOF, but still a great guitar. A lot of folks play and sound great on these GCPs, though, plus you might get it at a nice price and resell it and make a few hundred bucks. Makes me smile just thinking about that. I used to do that, but I'm over packing these things up for shipping anymore. Hope somebody piicks it up and has a good time with it.
I hope you're doing great, Rande..
Take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Pickin Palmer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 am

I'll go over and try it out, this morning. I want to have them hang a Loren & Mark concert poster we are hosting on Tues, Sept 27th, anyway...

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby nasonm » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:15 am

Pickin Palmer wrote:I'll go over and try it out, this morning. I want to have them hang a Loren & Mark concert poster we are hosting on Tues, Sept 27th, anyway...

Palmer

Palmer,

I sent you a PM.
Last edited by nasonm on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nasonm

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Ray,
Thanks so much for posting this! I couldn't pass it up. I bought one new when they first came out and then when the Hall of Fame limited edition Country Gentleman came out I had to have one, so I sold the CGP. I would have liked to have kept it too, but I couldn't afford both at the time. So this one came along at such a good price, I ordered it. Then when it arrived I was looking through the enclosed paperwork & found a receipt from the original owner, Gayle Moseley selling it to Freddie Russell in 2013! So this guitar has a great history of owners too! It didn't have the fixed bracket in the case, but a friend here on the Chetboard fixed me up with one. I just put it on and set it all up to my the way I like it. So here's some photos:
cgp.jpg

cgphof.jpg
guitarchuck

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Chuck, I'm glad you were able to get this one. It sure seemed like a good deal. I hope you have a lot of fun playing it. Do you think you'll use the stereo feature? It makes a great companion to the HALL of FAME guitar, too. What a combination!
Tke care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Ray, yes it was a great deal! I probably won't use the stereo feature live much. I would like to make another CD some day. If I ever do, I would like to use the CGP on some of the songs and split the pickups with perhaps echo on the bass and run the treble dry. Chet did stuff like that. It's also great to control the volume of the bass strings compared to the treble strings. When I had one before I had a 2 channel Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp. The CGP worked great with that, you could split the pickups into the different channels and run different effects & control the volume of each.
guitarchuck

Postby nasonm » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:13 pm

Seeing it now in a different light, I regret not buying this one myself!
nasonm

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:08 pm

If you monitor the Guitar Center used site, you can sometimes find a great deal. I got my Nashville Classic there at a very good price. Sometimes, even if it's not a good price, they will come down some if they've had it awhile. If there's a GC nearby, you can have have the item sent to the store near you and pick it up there and save on shipping. You can also try it out and see if you like it or not and get your money back if you don't.

Just passing on some thoughts.
Take care,

Ray
Ray Bohlken

Next

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE