Hopscotch - an original tune

Watch and share videos from youtube

Hopscotch - an original tune

Postby Taffy White » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Hey everyone. I thought I'd post my first video on here. It's of one of my latest original tunes so I hope you enjoy :D

I don't know how to embed the video so here's the link.Can anyone explain how?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgXMbUxBC8Y
Taffy White

Re: Hopscotch - an original tune

Postby Roger Pratt » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:33 pm

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR88888888888!!! Love that tone you get Paul!
Roger Pratt

Postby Taffy White » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:03 am

Thanks Roger I appreciate you posting your feedback and glad you liked it. :D
Taffy White

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:19 am

Very nice, Paul.. Wow! Love that nylon stringed guitar... (I especially like your Stumpwater....)

palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby bwalkertwalker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:22 am

Great tone. I agree with Palmer. I also really like your rendition of Stump Water.

Brent Walker
bwalkertwalker

Postby DagerRande » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:37 am

Hey Paul! My comments are usually regarding technique and yours is very impressive! I grew up at a time when we didn't have all of the tabs and dvd's, etc. and had to learn everything by ear so I already figure out the notes through listening but as you know, HOW to play those notes is a different story wide open to interpretation! So the bottom line is that I really appreciate watching your technique!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Taffy White » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Hey Palmer, Brent & Rande, thanks a lot for the good comments. Rande I know what you mean about the availability of a lot of this stuff nowadays but I'm old school like you and never use tabs or music. I like to work things out for myself as not only do I think it's the best way to learn but I don't trust anyone else to get it right and they frequently don't. :D :shock:
Taffy White

Postby DagerRande » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Paul, I believe that many more people could learn things by ear than they do! I'm sure it's a whole different thing when there are other options. The attitude is "Why work that hard if I don't need to?" so that "muscle" remains undeveloped. The big advantage, in my mind, is that we can learn things that haven't been tabbed yet or maybe never will be!
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Taffy White » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:37 am

Hi Rande,

I'm with you 100 percent. I don't know of any of the great guitar players outside of classical players maybe, (and even then they had to show considerable talent to not be like the other players and stand out) who weren't self taught and didn't try to figure things out for themselves!! How else do you learn? How do you grasp the real true meaning of a tune if you don't get involved in it, decompose it, and then put it back together? Then you have attained an arsenal of understanding that you can use in the future.
Taffy White

Postby DagerRande » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:06 am

Paul, there are more and more people who are very respected who I've never heard play a single note of a well known Chet song without having learned it from tab or instructional videos. As I've learned over the years, the listeners don't care! My respect is focused on the physical execution of the song more than having figured it out. I can show someone how to play "Blue Angel" note for note but if they can take that knowledge and actually play it, I'm impressed! This is why I'm impressed with your videos!

As you may or may not know, I used to spend a lot of time with Tommy Jones years ago and I would show him little licks such as that neat middle part of "Huntin' Boots" and he would watch closely and say "So that's how Chet did it!" and then he would rip through it flawlessly at twice the speed that I did!

Audie Wykle is another one who blows me away with his technical ability! I've had the honor of carefully studying him for several days at a time the past several Aprils.

The physical execution (to my satisfaction) is my biggest hurdle! I'm glad to have "met" you, Paul.
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Next

Return to Video Files