Headed to Nashville. Any Chet-centric stops I need to make?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Headed to Nashville. Any Chet-centric stops I need to make?

Postby nasonm » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:43 pm

I'm heading to Nashville for an event next month. As a big time fan of Chet's is there anywhere specific I should be sure to visit? I'll of course hit the Hall of Fame and the statue but are there any other must-see things? Should I do the RCA studio tour?
nasonm

Re: Headed to Nashville. Any Chet-centric stops I need to ma

Postby Tompicks » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:12 pm

If you are gong to be there on Sept. 7 I recommend the Jerry Reed tribute, some incredible players and you will hear lots of great Chet licks (even though it is a Jerry Reed tribute)

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEv ... rdlindsley
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby BillB » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:24 am

I enjoyed the RCA Studio tour. When we went to the Country Music HOF, it was an optional add-on to that tour. They had a bus that would take you there, and we actually did that part first and then came back and did the HOF tour. I thought it was very worthwhile.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby ttaylor » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:19 pm

If you go to the CMHF and expect to see a Chet exhibit you will be sadly disappointed. I was there this past April and there wasn't even the usual Chet guitar exhibit. Unless they have made some changes, the only mention of Chet was at the Jerry Reed exhibit. They had taken the whole end of the floor where the Chet exhibit was and utilized it to do a huge exhibit about Bob Dylan. I emailed them and and expressed how sad it was to think that Chet did so much to build the music industry in Nashville and didn't even rate a display at the hall of fame. They actually responded and stated that they simply didn't have room to provide a display for everyone. I replied that I understood the need to honor the great country star Bob Dylan with enough space for a dozen exhibits, and the need for an addition for the "Future" country greats. No reply back.
ttaylor

Postby DagerRande » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Chet was a LOT more than to just be part of "everyone"! He is responsible for many of the people they reserve exhibit space for!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby DagerRande » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:36 pm

Chet was a LOT more than to just be part of "everyone"! He is responsible for many of the people they reserve exhibit space for! He should have a permanent space and then just rotate the remainder with everyone else!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby nasonm » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:21 pm

I know that the HOF won't have a big Chet exhibit but as a lifelong fan of music in general, I'm still excited. As for Chet, I'm thinking RCA studio B (although I'd also love to see A!) and the statue as well.
nasonm

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins