"I Fall to Pieces" for solo honkytonk guitar

Watch and share videos from youtube

"I Fall to Pieces" for solo honkytonk guitar

Postby Nokie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:44 am

I arranged this version of "I Fall to Pieces" - the Patsy Cline hit on an old '55 Strat. I thought it came out purdy nice -Marty
https://youtu.be/fqpne6AYPkI
Nokie

Re: "I Fall to Pieces" for solo honkytonk guitar

Postby rhirvine » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:30 am

I enjoyed it! Never heard anything like it meaning you're very original, at least I think, in your stylings.

Sincerely, Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby Nokie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:33 pm

rhirvine wrote:I enjoyed it! Never heard anything like it meaning you're very original, at least I think, in your stylings.

Sincerely, Rich Irvine

Thanks Rich! -Marty
Nokie

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Man., that was neat and fun. I sure enjoyed it. I checked out some of your other videos, too. You had some good ideas for arranging Ventures tunes for finger style - Chet style. I liked your version of Wheels, too. 2 thumbs up. :)
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Nokie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Ray Bohlken wrote:Man., that was neat and fun. I sure enjoyed it. I checked out some of your other videos, too. You had some good ideas for arranging Ventures tunes for finger style - Chet style. I liked your version of Wheels, too. 2 thumbs up. :)
Ray

Thanks for checkin' it out an lookin' deep, Ray! I see you have some nice youtubes as well. I especially like your sensitivity on "Michelle". You also give me pause to revisit 'Wheels" having seen your version. -Marty
Nokie

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Thanks for looking at some of my Youtube attempts and for your comments. I sure have fun trying to play this style. My Wheels video is where I tried to copy a version that I heard Muriel Anderson play once. Take care and keep posting your videos.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Just listened today, great job! 8-)
Dave

Postby DagerRande » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Marty! You have such a different about you these days than when I first met you in the early 90's! For those who don't know, before the "Internet days", I placed a classified ad in a local shopping paper called "The Recycler" and asked to get together with anyone who might be a fan of Chet or Jerry and Marty responded! We used to get together a lot and he was very good and we worked up a few duets and even performed! What people on this forum wouldn't know is how much you've improved in your PERFORMANCE skills! Back then you were a lot more like me........lol. Your involvement with those bands has put you on stage enough that you've really "come alive" these days and you may not even realize it!

I'm glad that you're sharing with people here and I hope to see more! I want you to show them your ability to play Tommy Jones' ending of "Duelin' Banjos"! Yes folks, he did it!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Nokie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Thanks Rande! It was always great fun playing guitars with you. I’d learned from you more than I’d learned from any other formal lessons before or since. I know I’d have a lot more to learn if we were in the same locale. A lot of time has passed since then – I’m thinkin’ it’s a good twenty years, yikes! Ah yes, that Tommy Jones arrangement of Dueling Banjos is a good one fer sure. I will have to revisit it and work it up properly one day soon. -Marty
Nokie

Postby DagerRande » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Marty, you might have learned from me but you had that very enviable technique and managed to nail everything I showed you! I'm not so sure you'd even have time these days if we were near each other! Your so busy with your "Insect Surfers" group as well as making use of your newly earned Ph.D.!!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Video Files