Chet on Crook & Chase

Watch and share videos from youtube

Chet on Crook & Chase

Postby KatelynP » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:27 pm

A while back, when FamilyNet was showing old episodes of Crook & Chase, I taped them on the DVR. I came across this great interview with Chet towards the end of his life and couldn't bear to delete it, so I finally found a way to transfer the clip onto a DVD and over to YouTube. I thought I might share it here. This interview seemed pretty special. I'm not sure of the date, but it had to be around '98-'00. If anyone can date it, please let me know. Hope you enjoy!

Katelyn
KatelynP

Re: Chet on Crook & Chase

Postby Norm » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 am

Thanks for posting that. I'd seen it before and wanted to copy off some of the text because of the pain it still cost him to talk about it.

This is the interview to keep in mind when you watch a vid of him doing "I Can't Say Goodbye" The painful poignancy of the song has even more meaning when you realize Chet never had the closeness the song describes
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Pickin Palmer » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:19 pm

Yes, I'd seen it before, as well. Sad interview... Thanks for posting it, Katelyn.

Hey, Katelyn - it's going to be wonderful having you at CAAS for your first time. If'n you are up to it, I have you "booked" into the Picker's Club Room for a half hour on Thurs @ 3, Fri @ 7 pm (you can still get to see Tommy,) and Sat @ 1.. Followed by Matt Cowe and Larry Odham (the "boys"). (I meant it when I told everybody it's gonna be a LOT of old time Chet thumbpickin' in the Room this year!) You can use your backing tracks, or we can get the "boys" to come in early to back you, and/or all three of you just sit there and jam...one Chet toon after another....for and hour and a half!!

Can anybody think of any better reason to come to the CAAS convention, this year?????

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:36 pm

I come especially for the sandwiches they sell at noon Palmer. That other stuff is nice too. :lol:
Roger Pratt

Postby billmoit » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Palmer

Are you going to stream from the Tuck Rasor room this year?? We are unable to attend this year. We have only missed a few since we started coming in 1992. Im the guy that usually wears a Lionel train hat.
billmoit

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:16 am

I would if I could, Bill. Doc Pritcher is ultra nervous about the likes of Harry Fox suing him for copyright infringements and such, and doesn't want me to put CAAS in harms way. It was a ball piping the action in the Room all over the world, though. We were logging up to around 100 people listening at one time - I believe.

I can't remember his name, but there was this European "star" - I believe from Sweden - that was playing and looked a little annoyed at me sitting off to his left with my nose in a computer whilst he was playing. Between "toons" I informed him that a friend of his back in his homeland said that he did a wonderful job on his last tune. He initially gave me a quick look of annoyance, then just as quickly thought about it and exclaimed, "HE's listening through that???"

Yep, Bill, it is a powerful thing. I, too, would like to broadcast it, again, but being a doctor, Doc (lol) has a lot for Harry to go after. If they came after me they'd get 3 guitars and alimony payments to those last three women that claim I knew them.... :D

Can't wait to get to CAAS, tonight....

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Return to Video Files