First Summer then Autumn....

Watch and share videos from youtube

First Summer then Autumn....

Postby Douglas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:30 am

Autumn Leaves that is....

Again using the modified Super Gretsch but decided to go "Direct In" this time at let my MacBook Air handle the echo.

Cheers
Doug
Douglas

Re: First Summer then Autumn....

Postby DagerRande » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:56 am

Douglas, that was nice! I was impressed with your results when recording directly into your MacBook Air. What was your recording software? Thanks!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Douglas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:46 am

DagerRande wrote:Douglas, that was nice! I was impressed with your results when recording directly into your MacBook Air. What was your recording software? Thanks!

Thanks Rande. Using GarageBand software that's included with every Mac.
Doug
Douglas

Postby DagerRande » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:24 pm

Doug, I have a PC laptop and that's why I asked. I'm considering getting a MacBook Pro to use with LogicProX that I already own and is a Mac only product. I'm slowly setting up a little studio to put together YouTube videos that many of my friends have requested for me to do. Thanks for getting involved with all of this and sharing! Will you be at CAAS this year?
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Douglas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:34 pm

DagerRande wrote:Doug, I have a PC laptop and that's why I asked. I'm considering getting a MacBook Pro to use with LogicProX that I already own and is a Mac only product. I'm slowly setting up a little studio to put together YouTube videos that many of my friends have requested for me to do. Thanks for getting involved with all of this and sharing! Will you be at CAAS this year?

Rande,
Over the years I've tried recording on reel to reel, FOSTEX 4 channel cassette, ZOOM hard disc based MRS-1044, and now the MackBook Air. Out of all of them, I like the GarageBand best, because like the FOSTEX, it's pretty easy to use for recording, adding tracks, editing etc. I ended up not using my MacBook Pro largely due to the fact anything disk based is slower on it vs. the solid state drive on the Air. The downside is the 11" screen but I just mirror to a 22" monitor is all good.

I wish I was going to CAAS. Never been but it's on my bucket list. My biggest fear is the potential cost, especially if I start seeing things like Kirk Sand guitars or more Gretsch's. :)

Doug
Douglas

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:52 pm

I don't know how I missed this one...great job. I really like the octabass effect and your playing was excellent, too.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Douglas » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Ray Bohlken wrote:I don't know how I missed this one...great job. I really like the octabass effect and your playing was excellent, too.
Ray

Thanks Ray. It means a lot. I think I'm going to put the Octabass aside for a bit and work on something else. Just trying to do something different and have fun in the process.
Doug
Douglas

Postby KatelynP » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Really enjoyed this one as well, Doug! Great pickin'. Keep the videos coming!!
Katelyn
KatelynP

Return to Video Files