CAAS Schedule is Available

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

CAAS Schedule is Available

Postby Larry Marchino » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:51 pm

The Chet Atkins Appreciation Society page now has the CAAS schedule!

I've never attached a link, but you should be able to copy and paste this into your browser to get there.

http://www.chetsociety.com/content/form ... hedule.pdf
Larry Marchino

Re: CAAS Schedule is Available

Postby DagerRande » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Larry, I've been specifically looking for this for the last week or two and was told by several sources that it wasn't available yet so I'm very thankful to you even if this is so close to the convention!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks for the heads up about the schedule. It looks like a great convention ahead and I wish I could be there. I'm going to try to make it next year, but I'm very trifling these days when it comes to traveling. I notice that Katelyn Prieboy is scheduled to play on Thursday morning. She's posted some links to her videos and I've enjoyed them very much. I also noticed that Nokie Edwards is not on the schedule...I know he was ill awhile back...is he doing okay these days or is he just busy some where else? Just wondering.
Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:40 am

Ray, that's a good observation about Katelyn! Maybe THAT's the key to getting scheduled! We need to make more YouTube videos! Or at least if we do, then we can hope that the right people notice them!
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Larry Marchino » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:56 pm

Rande and Ray,
I've been wanting to see the schedule too, but didn't really expect it yet. I think last year it wasn't available until a day or two before the convention, least I was not aware of it until then. I am told it was also posted on Facebook this year. Anyway, I'm glad it was helpful. Thanks for your replies.
Larry
Larry Marchino

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:33 pm

DagerRande wrote:Ray, that's a good observation about Katelyn! Maybe THAT's the key to getting scheduled! We need to make more YouTube videos!

Rande, I'm pretty sure that would have the opposite effect for me. I keep waiting for the Surgeon General of the US to issue me an order to cease and desist posting my videos due to the high rate of trauma in those who view them. :lol:
Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:39 pm

LOL! Ray, that was good! I liked what you've posted and I believe you have a lot more in you and I certainly do too! My point was that if the "right people" see it and like it, then they have to power to make things happen like what Katelyn will experience. And the fact that she is a relative newcomer should provide hope for those of us who have been around here for a while. One thing I've definitely learned is that you have to make a big splash when you first come on the scene! As soon as people knew who Katelyn was, they also knew her level of skill. Many of us who haven't been heard or are not good "self-promoters" are assumed not to be all that great. Then when someone like Phil Hunt comes along on FaceBook and posts "Rande Dager is a monster player", people scratch their heads.........lol. It will be a much harder climb to be accepted into "the club" for people like you and I whose names are not associated with anything more than to be on this board.
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Return to Announcement and News