Happy Birthday Mr. Chester Burton Atkins

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Happy Birthday Mr. Chester Burton Atkins

Postby nasonm » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:45 am

Today would be Chet's 92nd birthday.

Happy birthday to the man whose playing inspires me to this day. I only wish I had discovered your music earlier so that I could have seen you live before it was too late.
nasonm

Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Chester Burton Atkins

Postby Tom Workman » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:21 pm

I don't have many regrets after 65 years on this earth but, one I do have is that I never got to see Chet perform live. I knew his health was not good and when I heard of his passing it was like somebody punched me in the stomach. I always thought that some day I would make it to one of his concerts and hopefully get to meet him but, you know how that goes... "some day" never came and I missed my opportunity. It's so hard to believe that the other two greats, Paul and Jerry are also gone. Their playing inspires me to this day. I'm so glad we have all these youtube videos of them to revisit over and over. great memories. Regards, Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Today is that day.

I love the guitar, but that all changed the day that I found out CHET ATKINS.
(Really owe it all to my late master, who made me listen to the first recordings of Chet).

PAOLO.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby DagerRande » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:09 pm

If it hadn't been for my friendship with Tommy Jones and all of my visits to Nashville when he was playing at Boots' night club, I would have never had the opportunity to spend time with Chet in his office and even sit a pick with him a little off and on over the years. Listening to his records changed my entire direction in music for life!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins