My first Del Vecchio video!

Watch and share videos from youtube

My first Del Vecchio video!

Postby Douglas » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Here's my attempt at the Del Vecchio and my unabashed attempt to play it like Chet did. I had some trouble syncing the video with the audio and backing track and in the end I said the heck it and just overlaid my master track on top of the video. The backing track was done on my '88 Kirk Sand with the Gibson pickup.

Also included some photos we shot on Kauai a few years back.

Doug

https://youtu.be/SC5wuzij6Vs
Douglas

Re: My first Del Vecchio video!

Postby alexjones » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Awesome sounding DV!! Is that a short scale or one of the normal 25.5" scale? I have one that has the 25.5" scale. Folks say that the shorter scales have a more tender, sweeter sound. I'm sure it's true, but they all sound awesome. I love your background track! Excellent job!
Alex
alexjones

Postby Douglas » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:27 am

Thanks Alex. She's the longer scale one. I'd love to get shorter scale DV but I am so pleased I stumbled onto this one a few weeks ago at a local acoustic guitar shop.

Doug
Douglas

Postby Richard Hudson » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:36 am

That was beautiful, Douglas. The guitar, your playing, and the scenery.

Thanks,
Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby Dwayne Monroe » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:33 pm

Very pretty Doug! Hope to hear some more of you and that DV.
Dwayne Monroe

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Douglas, I enjoyed your playing on this one...great tone and great guitar. I hope you put up more videos.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby GaryL » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:30 am

Great 1st Del Vecchio video Doug. Nice tone, tune and playing. Now I'm getting an itch for a Del Vecchio too.
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Douglas » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:26 pm

Richard, Dwayne, Ray, and Gary,

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. Very much appreciated!

I am just so grateful to have had the opportunity to purchase this guitar after so many years of looking for a DVR. My wife has suggested it was karma that presented the DV to me a few weeks ago when I was I walked in to a local acoustic guitar shop to pick up some strings. "It was all because you didn't keep the Gretsch you won" she mused.

About a month a go I won a Gretsch guitar at a local Gretsch sponsored event and as I walked up to accept the guitar I thought "this is nuts". I already have a few Gretsch guitars and I really thought there has to be someone else more appropriate to get hooked on Gretsch. So I told Joe C from Gretsch that it might be better to get someone new into the fold since this old dude is already hooked on their guitars. They re-did the drawing and luckily it went to a father whose son who was just getting into guitar and the young lad was absolutely thrilled to get a Gretsch. It's not that I'm a nice guy or anything, but sometimes I think about the struggle it was when I was young to get a decent guitar to learn on and when given the chance, it's just the right thing to do to fan the passion of others in learning and playing guitar.

So who knows, maybe it was karma since I stumbled onto the DV...a guitar that I am passionate about. In any event, I feel totally grateful and very very lucky.

Doug
Douglas

Return to Video Files