WTB 5240 Orange ?

WTB 5240 Orange ?

Postby Larry Lenhart » Sat May 14, 2016 12:14 am

Ok, I changed my mind, rather than look for the pro line, I have decided a 5420 will work for me. I can modify it as I go, put a "G" branding iron decal on it, put in some TV Jones pickups, put on the Chet signature post on the pu guard, and save several bucks :) I already have a 6122-1959, so that keeps me happy. This 5420 will work as a guitar I take out more often, altho right now, I always take out the CG. Thanks in advance.
Larry Lenhart

Re: WTB 5240 Orange ?

Postby Larry Lenhart » Tue May 24, 2016 12:23 am

gretsch 5240 resized.jpg
Found this one today and ordered it...will be excited to get it and start upgrading it some, altho it already has some of the things I wanted...bound headstock, no "electromatic" on headstock, bound f-holes.
Attachments
IMG_1095.JPG
Larry Lenhart

Postby Steve Sanders » Tue May 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Hey fellow Okie Larry, That sure is a nice looking guitar you are getting!!! I've been eye-balling one my ownself. Where did you order it from? I like it that they have made some changes to the newer models. You might like it just as is. But there are tons of mods out there if you want to change some things. Be sure and come back here and let us all know whas happnin' with it and how ya likin' it!!! A video or audio clip would sure be nice too! And here it is ain't even Christmas!! You must'a been a REAL good boy!! I'm awful glad for ya. Now turn off that computer and go set by the window and keep an eye out for that big ol' brown truck. I'll be you're as giddy as a junebug on a porch light!!! Holler back, Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby Larry Lenhart » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:50 pm

IMG_1656.JPG

Steve, thanks for the reply ! I just got back to OKlahoma and it was here waiting for me. It is really a nice finish on the guitar...needs some set up, but plays pretty well right out of the box. I will make a few cosmetic mods to it, but might wait on the TV Jones pickups for a bit...doesnt sound too bad right now,,,not like my CG, but then its not ! :D
Here is a picture of my two Gretsch girls...probably talking about me...saying I hope he doesnt pick on me ! haha
Larry Lenhart

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE