A decent price on a double cut 6122

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:36 pm

I was checking out sales on eBay and ran across this entry. Looks like a decent deal. I don't know if anyone is interested or not, but I thought I'd post.
Ray

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gretsch-Country ... SwwpdW-KiG
Ray Bohlken

Re: A decent price on a double cut 6122

Postby DagerRande » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Thanks for watching for us, Ray. When I get another Gretsch, it will be the HOF, which is a specialized version of a 6122-1959, which fits my hands perfectly! I'm not ready now anyway. My next guitar in a few months will be one of Mel McCullough's Clawmaster. I loved playing Audie Wyklie's a couple of weeks ago!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am

Rande, I enjoy looking for guitars even if I'm not buying these days. in the old days, I probably would have bought this and played it awhile and then try to sell it and make a couple of hundred dollars. It sold and he took a best offer, so he didn't get what he was asking for it.
I think you'd enjoy an HOF Gretsch. It's a great guitar from all I've heard. I think there's one on eBay now for around 2K. I don't know much about the Clawmaster, but I've heard on this board that it is a great guitar, too.

I bet you two had a great time playing...you're both excellent players from what I've seen in videos.

Have a great day.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi Ray,

The "Clawmaster" is a duplicate of Jerry's Baldwin. The action is low and it seems to work well for the fast "banjo style" licks that Jerry uses is "Swarmin'", etc. Audie is much better at those than I am but I'm working on them. My specialty is the harmony and "exotic" jazz chords and different arrangements.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE