Bob Saxton RIP

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Bob Saxton RIP

Postby Jim Jarrell » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 am

One of the greats. A real gentleman...he will be missed.

https://www.facebook.com/travispicking/
Jim Jarrell

Re: Bob Saxton RIP

Postby Roger Lane » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks for posting this sad notice. Bob will be very much missed at CAAS this year. Always a pleasure to talk to, and he could play anything anyone asked him to. Tom T. Hall said in one of his songs, "Could be the Good Lord likes a little pickin' too." Rest in peace, Bob, and thanks for all the fine memories.
Roger Lane

Postby bill_h » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:03 pm

This can't be! Bob was as fine as they come, as a player and as a person. If he met you once he would remember you. We lost one of the greatest, as a player and as a person. Rest in peace my friend, you're irreplaceable!!!!
bill_h

Postby Larry Marchino » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:04 am

Bob and friends started things off on the main stage on Wednesday afternoon at CAAS at my first convention in "97. I will always remember how his playing impressed me that first time I heard him. He was always impressive, but that first impression remains fixed in my memory. He will certainly be missed. Prayers for his family. That year Bob had a steel player with him named Bobby Seborn (not sure about the spelling of the last name) who switched to steel after an injury to his left hand. I remember he was able to play the alternating bass on the steel. Bob always liked to have guests with him to give the guest some time in the spotlight. I did not know Bob well at all and I doubt if he knew my name but he always recognized me and smiled and stuck out his hand. He will be missed.

From comments that Bob made I know he was a man of faith so I hope to see him again one day!

Larry Marchino
Larry Marchino

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins