Days

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: Days

Postby Art Sims » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:38 pm

Norm,
I appreciated the remark you made. I have a brief comment about the title of your upcoming book. It registered with me when I saw the Amazon picture of the cover that the meaning isn't "second best" but playing "second" (accompaniment) to the best. I heard Chet live just once. It was at the Philharmonic in Naples and Paul Yandel was with him. I remember Chet saying about him that he plays everything that he himself, Chet, plays. Viewing the cover and remembering that comment by Chet, "Second to the Best" seems like a super neat title. I'm definitely looking forward to getting a copy.
Art Sims

Postby Art Sims » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:01 am

Roger, Thanks for explaining that.

Palmer, You're a guy who seems to have two last names. I do indeed appreciate "Likeable Mark" as a great player. I seem to recall an audio recording. Wouldn't it be great to see some videos of his playing. Hint, hint.
Art Sims

Postby DagerRande » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:35 am

Bobby has been to CAAS fairly often in recent years. He also plays a lot of things outside of the "Chet realm". I've heard him do quite a few show tunes. He has played with many of the greats over the years and has been posting a lot of pictures on FaceBook. I agree that he is very good!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Previous

Return to Video Files