2016 Rocky Mountain Guitar Camp

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

2016 Rocky Mountain Guitar Camp

Postby BirdofParadise » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:14 pm

Fellow Fingerpickers:

We are pleased to announce the artist/instructor line up for the 2016 Rocky Mountain Guitar Camp:

• John Knowles, CGP
• Jim Nichols
• Richard Smith
• Pat Bergeson

The schedule and session topics are certain to provide four fantastic days of superb fingerpicking fun for all skill levels! The instructors are looking forward to a great time working with “campers”.

The workshop will be held at the YMCA of the Rockies just outside Estes Park CO. Nestled in the mountains, the “Y” is not only a fantastic venue for the workshop, but also has excellent surroundings, accommodations, recreation facilities, and programs for all ages. Why not make it a family vacation?

In addition to all workshop functions and session, RMGC registration fees include accommodations, meals, taxes, fees; there are no additional costs. Complete details and registration information are available at http://www.rockymountainguitarcamp.org. Highlights of the 2015 camp can be found on the Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/groups/656440547818000/

Participants in the 2015 Camp had these comments:

• “Rocky Mountain Guitar Camp was what every guitar camp should aspire to be. The instructors were always accessible and the program was practical and digestible. John Knowles, Richard Smith and Jim Nichols brought everyone into their world of professional music for four glorious days. I hate for the secret to get out only because I want it all to myself.”

• “Rocky Mountain Guitar Camp was an absolutely amazing and truly unforgettable experience. The instructors were always easily accessible and willing to help with anything & everything. Definitely the best part of my summer by far and I can't wait until next year!”

• “I congratulate the planning, concern, and professionalism put into this event. I felt that everyone walked away feeling like they had a very special week and received many benefits from being there.”

Please share with friends but note that enrollment is limited so register early. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Hope to see you in Colorful Colorado this summer,

Best regards,

Mike

H. Michael Harrington
Director, RMGC
970-491-1309 C
BirdofParadise

Re: 2016 Rocky Mountain Guitar Camp

Postby John Knowles » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:43 pm

We had so much fun last year. And this year, Pat Bergeson is joining us. Hope to see some of you there. John
John Knowles

Re: 2016 Rocky Mountain Guitar Camp

Postby BirdofParadise » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:48 pm

For all you fence sitters there are still a few slots at the regular price until June 15th. For those you have signed up, thank you. Please feel free to share this with others who might be interested.

Program details are coming together nicely. Each day will commence with a joint session after which artists will conduct 3 to 4 sessions followed by lunch. The first afternoon session will be devoted to what we call “Rehearsing the Band” during which small groups will work with an artist to develop a tune or medley that the group will play at the student concert. This will be followed by 1 on 1 coaching with artists.

Mike

Coordinator
970-420-1309 Cell
http://www.rockymountainguitarcamp.org
BirdofParadise

Return to Announcement and News